Front Passenger Suspension/Wheel Knocking?

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone know what this could be? Happens at least every time I drive. If I go over a bump or a dip there is a weird like knocking sound coming from the front suspension/wheel area. Also when I turn to the right and drive over a bump it does it sometimes as well.

Not too loud, but definitely noticeable.. Anyone else hear or experience it? Know what it could be?
Sponsored

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Mines doing it too, does it the worst when I turn left into a driveway that has an incline. Took it to the dealer and they re torqued everything and its getting worse. They started a case for the issue..

OP
OP

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Mines doing it too, does it the worst when I turn left into a driveway that has an incline. Took it to the dealer and they re torqued everything and its getting worse. They started a case for the issue..
I would look in the wheel/suspension if I were you. Yesterday I took a flashlight and there was a hard orange plastic piece wedged between the shocks. I was able to pull it out and now the noise is completely gone. I'll post a picture for you.

OP
OP

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I would look in the wheel/suspension if I were you. Yesterday I took a flashlight and there was a hard orange plastic piece wedged between the shocks. I was able to pull it out and now the noise is completely gone. I'll post a picture for you.
Honda Civic 10th gen Front Passenger Suspension/Wheel Knocking? IMG_2536.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Front Passenger Suspension/Wheel Knocking? IMG_2537.JPG

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
Well they weren't and I drove for over 900 miles with it...

They left them on my vehicle also but I noticed them before driving it off the lot, it did have 17 miles on it however. I don't think this is a standard piece for the Honda lineup, I think that is why they are getting left in.

The PDI tech is probably so excited about driving the car they are not looking at the check list.

OP
OP

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
They left them on my vehicle also but I noticed them before driving it off the lot, it did have 17 miles on it however. I don't think this is a standard piece for the Honda lineup, I think that is why they are getting left in.

The PDI tech is probably so excited about driving the car they are not looking at the check list.
Yeah I know someone else in another thread told me his fell out in the parking lot at work so he was driving around with it in also. Just hope it didn't cause any damage.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Obviously I checked the orange spacers before I even drove my car. Not in there. Something is binding/popping on the passengerside.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Hope you will be able to identify and resolve the issue soon. Perhaps putting the car on an alignment rack will show the issue as the suspension can be observed throughout the full range of steering angle on the rack.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Taking her in this week again to my dealer. Sounds/feels like a bad ball joint to me!

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer retorqued every front end part on the car today, still popping. Honda engineering is workingon it now, they have ordered a nvh meter to see if they can pin point the issue. The car would not make the noise on the rack in the shop, full load on suspension, but when you drive and turn left sharply and over a bump, pop she goes.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Wow, that sucks.

If you feel like truly grasping at straws, then get the jack out, remove the tire, put the car in neutral, rotate the rotor and see if there is any play/wobble of the surface the wheel sits against, put the tire back on in a different position (rotate it by, say two studs), and re-install.

(Years ago when I worked in a garage a customer had a similar issue. The brake rotor wasn't seated properly on the hub - it was flush enough that the wheel nuts would torque in place, but a low-speed turning load would cause a shift and a resulting "chock" sound. We only discovered it by seeing unusual wear on the stud threads. Never experienced or heard of it happening since.)