Front Passenger Side Suspension/Wheel Knocking Sound?

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone know what this could be? Happens at least every time I drive. If I go over a bump or a dip there is a weird like knocking sound coming from the front suspension/wheel area. Also when I turn to the right and drive over a bump it does it sometimes as well.

Not too loud, but definitely noticeable.. Anyone else hear or experience it? Know what it could be?
Sponsored

SaiHayashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FN2R NHB 2008; NA8 MX-5 turbo 2013; LandRover Discovery 2016; FK8R CW 2017
Country flag
Anyone know what this could be? Happens at least every time I drive. If I go over a bump or a dip there is a weird like knocking sound coming from the front suspension/wheel area. Also when I turn to the right and drive over a bump it does it sometimes as well.

Not too loud, but definitely noticeable.. Anyone else hear or experience it? Know what it could be?
If your car has been checked and verified working correctly then this info would be relevant to you.

Had it in my old FN2, so I can vouch for it.

CXRB17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan LX, '17 CTR (PA Signed in WI, ETA 5/31-6/7, Blue)
Country flag
I have the same thing, but not nearly as frequently.

1800 miles, it has happened maybe a dozen times. It's coming from the same area you're mentioning.

Does yours change with speed? Mine seems to be a low speed only thing.

OP
OP

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
If your car has been checked and verified working correctly then this info would be relevant to you.

Had it in my old FN2, so I can vouch for it.

Thank you. Interesting video. I haven't had it checked out yet tho...

I have the same thing, but not nearly as frequently.

1800 miles, it has happened maybe a dozen times. It's coming from the same area you're mentioning.

Does yours change with speed? Mine seems to be a low speed only thing.
Yes, definitely only really happens at lower speeds..

Infinity000

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2004 CR-V
Country flag
Dunno about u gents, but I had some sort of knocking sound at first, and eventually I was driving through my work parking lot and something loudly clunked and I felt something fall out. Here it was a large, hand sized orange piece of thick plastic with rolled edges. I immediately thought, 'this looks like a larger version of those orange safeties you find in a brand new printer to keep the head from moving during shipment'. I took it to a dealer and sure enough, it was a special spring separator that kept the car from bouncing too much while on the truck during transport. They were not removed during delivery, and so they fell out. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow when I can get my proper phone cable.
Sponsored

Last edited: