Front passenger Brake leaking.....what would you do?

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I was driving yesterday and the brake pedal felt softer. Luckily I rolled up to a meet and 2 of my 10th gen buddies were there to help troubleshoot. Started the car up and all the brake errors popped up....Reservoir was low, assumed hot temps and never adding brake fluid= Evap. Threw some fluid in, started up and codes stopped. Pumped the brakes and moved it....puddle of brake fluid. Moved it again after pumping once, brake fluid again where wheel was. My car looks like this, lowered on eibach sportlines and I have an intake (stock intake I can throw in in like 10minutes, yay short ram). Car is under warranty, do I risk taking it to the dealership in the state it is in. OR take it to a shop and have them troubleshoot it? A shop will diagnose and fix, but the dealership might be like nah son and then charge me anyway for diagnosis...idk I might just be an idiot also.

I’m used to having a used car, so having something new and with a warranty is new to me (also having a Honda is new haha)

Honda Civic 10th gen Front passenger Brake leaking.....what would you do? 851C8698-2DF1-4BD9-B96D-9F2B9A8D6D7F
Sponsored

OP
OP
ilipac

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To add: don't drive this. Insist on it being towed to the dealer. This is a CRITICAL safety component. Not being able to stop is MUCH more serious than not being able to accelerate.
Ordered new brake line. Will be changing it tomorrow or Sunday. Car is hard parked because of the tropical storm anyway lol

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
That’s good you did that. Leaks in the brake system would only be warranteed if a part was defective. Tears in hoses are “wear and tear”.
If you enjoy the sport of driving, get Steal brake lines and you’ll get a tad better bite and peace of mind not tearing a line.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this is after the fact, and I am glad you got it repaired and nothing bad happened related to a brake issue. Warranty work cannot be denied because of modifications unless the modification caused the issue needing repair. The closest you got with this could have been a torn brake line because of a lowered vehicle. But they have to prove that. A lot of folks misunderstand that modification, in itself, is not a reason to deny warranty coverage.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
The problem I see with the guarantee in this case if and even if the customer is right, if the dealer refuses to honor the guarantee what do you do ?
Prosecute him ?
Write to Honda ?
And store the car for weeks or months .....?

Modifying a car will always be a risk to take. People must know that
Sponsored