Front parking sensors

RS016

My RS Turbo - Aussie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic RS turbo, 2014 Civic hatch
Vehicle Showcase
I have a question for anyone with a Civic with factory parking sensors (I think only Asian/Aussie spec cars).

The front parking sensors on my car are extremely sensitive and go off unnecessarily at times, which can be quite annoying.
Is there any way that they can be adjusted to decrease their sensitivity?

Other than this, my car has been absolutely faultless.

Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RS016

RS016

My RS Turbo - Aussie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all. Is anyone able to help me with this??

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Wish I could have your problem haha. But front sensors I would turn off if I had them. It's the back sensor I would find useful.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@CivicChina is the only one that I know has an Asian spec Civic, not sure if he has sensors or not.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
The front parking sensors on my car are extremely sensitive and go off unnecessarily at times, which can be quite annoying. Is there any way that they can be adjusted to decrease their sensitivity?
When I was poking around in the service menu of my headunit yesterday, I noticed some entries there for front parking sensors. I wondered why they were there since it's not an option, but makes sense now knowing that they are available in other countries.

Take a look at the steps I quoted in this post to get into the screens I posted screenshots of there, then poke around in those screens and see if you can find anything that may let you adjust the parking sensor sensitivity.

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Now I'm wondering if the sensors can be installed and enabled in a US model...

OP
OP
RS016

RS016

My RS Turbo - Aussie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wish I could have your problem haha. But front sensors I would turn off if I had them. It's the back sensor I would find useful.
Yes they are great (except when they go off for no reason). Unfortunately the fronts can't be turned off separately.

OP
OP
RS016

RS016

My RS Turbo - Aussie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
When I was poking around in the service menu of my headunit yesterday, I noticed some entries there for front parking sensors. I wondered why they were there since it's not an option, but makes sense now knowing that they are available in other countries.

Take a look at the steps I quoted in this post to get into the screens I posted screenshots of there, then poke around in those screens and see if you can find anything that may let you adjust the parking sensor sensitivity.
Thanks. I will try this and see what I can find.

OP
OP
RS016

RS016

My RS Turbo - Aussie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I will try this and see what I can find.
Hi Josby,
Can you remember where you found the sensor entries? I've had a look and can't find anything.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@CivicChina is the only one that I know has an Asian spec Civic, not sure if he has sensors or not.
Sorry, i have no front parking sensors and they are not available in China. We only have standard rear sensors, that work only when the obstacle is very very close.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Hi Josby,
Can you remember where you found the sensor entries? I've had a look and can't find anything.
Sorry if I got your hopes up. I just looked again and what I was remembering was there are several places that mention "Park" and "Navi Park", but when I looked just now, they all seem to be things that just display info. None of them seem to be for calibrating, like the way there are things for calibrating the LaneWatch camera and rear view guidelines and such in there.

OP
OP
RS016

RS016

My RS Turbo - Aussie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if I got your hopes up. I just looked again and what I was remembering was there are several places that mention "Park" and "Navi Park", but when I looked just now, they all seem to be things that just display info. None of them seem to be for calibrating, like the way there are things for calibrating the LaneWatch camera and rear view guidelines and such in there.
No worries mate, thanks for your help anyway.
I'll ask when I take it in for it's next service.

deeobrien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10G (2017 Europe)
Country flag
I have the same problem. My 10th gen Civic is a month old. At times the front parking sensors come on in red mode for no reason. I think I have it narrowed down to when its very wet. (which happens a lot in Ireland!!) The back and corner sensors are fine and don't have this issue.

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
could anyone please post a picture of the locations of the rear sensors on a hatchback?

On the inside edge of the black house honeycomb garnish would be an idea location if 4- are used.

Thanks.

planedriver

First Name
Andras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Sport Plus
Country flag
I have the same problem. My 10th gen Civic is a month old. At times the front parking sensors come on in red mode for no reason. I think I have it narrowed down to when its very wet. (which happens a lot in Ireland!!) The back and corner sensors are fine and don't have this issue.
I had the same issue up to the point that 8 times out of 10 it went off whenever I stopped.
No fault recorded in the system. The sensor cable was disconnected and connected again - it was ok for a day or two.
Now one of the sensors is going to be replaced.
In the meantime something happened - maybe the temperature dropped? but it was ok for a week - until I washed the car. It is not as bad as before but still not perfect - anyway one sensor will be replaced to see if it has any effect.
Sponsored