Front License Plate Removed (finally...)

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Ever since I purchased my car I always wanted to remove my ugly looking front license plate.
To celebrate this special day, I took my car out for some night picture.

(forgot to bring my tripod...pictures turned out to be a little blurry -__-)

But anyways...

Here you go the first picture after the installation :)
Didn't take long to paint the plugs, but drying them kind of got me impatient lol
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) IMG_3865.JPG

the result is surprisingly good!! specially thank to my Honda Touch Up Pen ;p
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) IMG_3869.JPG

^ I applied couple layers of paint with intervals of 30 mins, and then applied a thin layer of coating to make it look white and shinny.

I had to cut the plugs in order to fit in the front bumper holes. But no biggie ;) that's what makes the process so fun!

Finally it's night time, I took it to a nearby parking lot for some pictures.
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012787.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012788.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012794.JPG

For some reason this camera didn't quite capture the LED color. Turned out to have too much blue in the pictures.

Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012797.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012798.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012799.JPG

having the flash turned on was quite too much, so I ended took a lot of pictures without it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012801.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012802.JPG

sometimes i kind of like the combination of LED and the stock fog light. but i'm switching it out when my Philips fog light arrives <3

Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012803.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012804.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012805.JPG

sigh...I just wish I had my tripod so i dont get these shaky pictures

anyways...let's continue :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012806.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012809.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012810.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012811.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012813.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) R0012815.JPG

felt so good taking all these pictures and sharing with CivicX family.
Thank you for reading :)

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the pics of the back of the car better.

I've always been an "ass man" though. :p
Depends, I like the rear when its dark - very curvy, well-defined, and sharp. Butt at the wrong angle, it can look kind of flat.

Same with the front, although I think the front end is more aggressive and perky.

What can I say, I prefer TNA :) lol

samuray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cbr600rr, 2016 civic LX, 2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
great pics
Ever since I purchased my car I always wanted to remove my ugly looking front license plate.
To celebrate this special day, I took my car out for some night picture.

(forgot to bring my tripod...pictures turned out to be a little blurry -__-)

But anyways...

Here you go the first picture after the installation :)
Didn't take long to paint the plugs, but drying them kind of got me impatient lol
IMG_3865.JPG

the result is surprisingly good!! specially thank to my Honda Touch Up Pen ;p
IMG_3869.JPG

^ I applied couple layers of paint with intervals of 30 mins, and then applied a thin layer of coating to make it look white and shinny.

I had to cut the plugs in order to fit in the front bumper holes. But no biggie ;) that's what makes the process so fun!

Finally it's night time, I took it to a nearby parking lot for some pictures.
R0012787.JPG

R0012788.JPG
R0012794.JPG

For some reason this camera didn't quite capture the LED color. Turned out to have too much blue in the pictures.

R0012797.JPG
R0012798.JPG
R0012799.JPG

having the flash turned on was quite too much, so I ended took a lot of pictures without it.
R0012801.JPG
R0012802.JPG

sometimes i kind of like the combination of LED and the stock fog light. but i'm switching it out when my Philips fog light arrives <3

R0012803.JPG
R0012804.JPG
R0012805.JPG

sigh...I just wish I had my tripod so i dont get these shaky pictures

anyways...let's continue :)

R0012806.JPG
R0012809.JPG
R0012810.JPG
R0012811.JPG
R0012813.JPG
R0012815.JPG

felt so good taking all these pictures and sharing with CivicX family.
Thank you for reading :)

Great pics!, looks so much cleaner. Too bad in canada I need front plate. Was it hard to take out? or just taking out the front bumper and removing it?

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
great pics

Great pics!, looks so much cleaner. Too bad in canada I need front plate. Was it hard to take out? or just taking out the front bumper and removing it?
Just remove the plate and put the plugs in. Super easy. You need to find the plugs though or you can make yourself one like me :)

89AKurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T, 1969 Chevrolet C-10 pickup
Country flag
Glad I live in Arizona, dealer does not install plates, so have the tiny divot.
I'm glad Honda did not design the front for a license plate, some cars you are forced into having one.

MichaelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
My state does not do front plates, but the dealer I recently bought from installed the front plate bracket anyway, presumably just so they could attached their advertising plate to the front of my car. I knew it was there, but for some reason it did not occur to me that they simply screwed the thing with self-tapping screws straight into the bumper and that it would leave sloppy holes once it was removed. With my previous Civics (purchased from different dealers) they just left the bracket in the trunk (presumably in case I later happened to a front-plate state).

I still can't believe that the dealer's management thought this was a good idea... I dunno, maybe it doesn't bother most people. But I will likely never buy another car from them, since I don't want to deal with having to narrow my choices down to cars that they haven't screwed the bracket onto yet.

But with this car, I first tried leaving the bracket on and just putting a decorative plate on. Didn't like that very much. But I came across a thread here about Bumper Plugs, and though I didn't want to spend $30 on this, that thread led me to another that talked about the plastic plugs from Lowes... .80 cents, problem solved. I did have to shave down the shaft of these plugs a bit to make them fit without enlarging the holes, but I'm happy with how it looks (since my car is dark blue, I decided I was fine with black plugs, so I won't be painting them).

Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Removed (finally...) IMG_4120.JPG

OP
OP
michaelliu710

michaelliu710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Country flag
My state does not do front plates, but the dealer I recently bought from installed the front plate bracket anyway, presumably just so they could attached their advertising plate to the front of my car. I knew it was there, but for some reason it did not occur to me that they simply screwed the thing with self-tapping screws straight into the bumper and that it would leave sloppy holes once it was removed. With my previous Civics (purchased from different dealers) they just left the bracket in the trunk (presumably in case I later happened to a front-plate state).

I still can't believe that the dealer's management thought this was a good idea... I dunno, maybe it doesn't bother most people. But I will likely never buy another car from them, since I don't want to deal with having to narrow my choices down to cars that they haven't screwed the bracket onto yet.

But with this car, I first tried leaving the bracket on and just putting a decorative plate on. Didn't like that very much. But I came across a thread here about Bumper Plugs, and though I didn't want to spend $30 on this, that thread led me to another that talked about the plastic plugs from Lowes... .80 cents, problem solved. I did have to shave down the shaft of these plugs a bit to make them fit without enlarging the holes, but I'm happy with how it looks (since my car is dark blue, I decided I was fine with black plugs, so I won't be painting them).

IMG_4120.JPG
Looks nice. Sadly there's no white plugs for me lol but pretty happy with the matching color.

Sasuke9397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
Hey what LEDs are you running? could u send a link please!