Front License Plate Mounted Cricked

logan

New Civic Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda CIVIC EX-T
I didn't realize it at first, but once I bought the car and parked it in the garage, I realized that the front license plate is tilted a bit. It bugged me so I took it off to see why it was so and possibly fix it and saw that one of the holes drilled into the front of the bumper was miss drilled about half an inch above the dimple that should have been where the hole was drilled. What would you suggest I do? Take it back to the dealer? Would I have to take it to the specific dealer or could I take it to a closer honda dealer?

If I it took to too them, do you think all they would do is drill the hole into where it should be? I honestly don't like the fact that there would be another hole there even if it's blocked. Opinions, feedback, directions, etc.

Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Mounted Cricked IMG_1215
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Mounted Cricked IMG_1212
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Mounted Cricked IMG_1213
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Mounted Cricked IMG_1214

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
That sucks. I don't know how I would deal with this either. It's not likely they are going to get you a new bumper and I dunno if I'd wanna bother with them replacing the bumper on a BRAND NEW car anyways. Likely they would just drill another hole and maybe offer to fill the one with putty and touch up the paint?

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn, that's bad. I bought from a state that requires front plates but live in a state that doesn't, so just having them there is a bummer. But this is bad enough I wonder if the worker was drunk or just didn't care at all...

I wouldn't expect much recourse of the dealer TBH.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Did you do the dealership survey yet? If not, you can use that as leverage to try and get it fixed.

They will most likely drill a new one though. You have to be reasonable - they're not going to repair/repaint something that is going to be hidden anyway.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I would have to question the intelligence of whoever did that, and suggest that they find a different job because they obviously don't care about their current one.

calicivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 integra, 2012 benz c300, Honda civic 2016 WOP touring
when i bought it i had mine shipped in so i told them not to drill the front.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They must have a cross-eyed tech at that dealer or something. I mean damn, the starter holes are already indented in. How can you possibly screw that up. :crazy:

quadna71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring sedan
Country flag
It appears the other hole is a little low as well...I would be through the roof on this one.

MichaelC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
You would think these people would have the sense to ASK if you want screws driven directly into your front bumper, particularly if you live in a no-front-plate state like I do (my dealership installed the front plate bracket thing for the sole purpose of putting their stupid advertising plate there).

philharmonik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Country flag
I feel you on this. I live in Florida where it's not required. No idea why they think it's ok to just drill into the front bumper just to advertise, especially without asking. Working with the dealer now to get it "fixed" I just bought this Civic and an Odyssey for my wife, so they better make it right. So far, my dealer has been good on their word. Good luck to you!

Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Mounted Cricked WP_20160918_09_25_39_Pro

Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Mounted Cricked WP_20160918_09_30_23_Pro

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel you on this. I live in Florida where it's not required. No idea why they think it's ok to just drill into the front bumper just to advertise, especially without asking. Working with the dealer now to get it "fixed" I just bought this Civic and an Odyssey for my wife, so they better make it right. So far, my dealer has been good on their word. Good luck to you!

WP_20160918_09_25_39_Pro.jpg

WP_20160918_09_30_23_Pro.jpg
Yikes, those are bad. They really mar the front end up. Mine weren't terrible, but I ended up putting the bracket back on to show off my alumni pride.

At our local dealer, they won't put anything on unless you specifically ask for it. They don't even like to import new cars from neighboring states because most people here don't want anything on the front. I guess the vanity plate fad went out a while back. Nobody does the "name & name" plates anymore.
Tell that to my co-workers. Can't even count how many have the airbrushed license plates of their married couples' names on the front. :rofl:

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
FINALLY found a plate that's cute, matches the EGP and isn't all over the road! I haven't seen one anywhere. :D
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Mounted Cricked Screenshot_2016-09-18-10-19-03-1

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FINALLY found a plate that's cute, matches the EGP and isn't all over the road! I haven't seen one anywhere. :D
Screenshot_2016-09-18-10-19-03-1.png
Yeah, that's gonna be a unique one, definitely won't see many of those around...

*Fingers crossed* Hoping to get one of these in the near future - eyeing a job transfer to Richmond :thumbsup:

Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Mounted Cricked va-blue-ridge-parkway_med

Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Mounted Cricked va2001safightterror