geekzilla

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Looks good, but should have placed it on the other grill instead of blocking the horn.
Thanks, but no. I would definitely rather block my horn than block airflow to my turbo intercooler or engine.
Plus (I can say from experience and research) this does not mute the horn at all. It's all good. Thanks!
-- Frank
Sponsored

geekzilla

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
In my particular area of Southern California, cops are hit and miss regarding plates. California law states that front license plates need to be mounted in the OEM location, regardless if the holes are drilled or not. I'll probably end up getting a Top 1 Motors angled license plate holder, angled down, like I did for my Integra.

The law has all these stipulations regarding location, but none regarding the angle in which the plate is displayed. I've been pulled over by CHP and Sheriffs. Driving with a group of friends who all had no front plates, we all got pulled over as a group. I was the only one to walk away without a ticket because technically, my plate was legally mounted and displayed.
:dance:

C98Ez2d.jpg
Hi! You may want to check into that law a little bit more and don't go by what you may hear from individual officers. In NorCal the law states (and I suspect this is California law) that if you are issued a front plate (and everyone is) then you have to mount the front plate at the front of the car within parameters (and I am not sure of these, but it is like must be over 11 inches from ground and less than 4o-something from ground). I don't believe the law states you have to use stock OEM location. Worth checking out more!

Beautiful Integra, by the way! We bought a '94 2-door LS for my oldest son's first car and are fixing it up. Such a sweet car!

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi! You may want to check into that law a little bit more and don't go by what you may hear from individual officers. In NorCal the law states (and I suspect this is California law) that if you are issued a front plate (and everyone is) then you have to mount the front plate at the front of the car within parameters (and I am not sure of these, but it is like must be over 11 inches from ground and less than 4o-something from ground). I don't believe the law states you have to use stock OEM location. Worth checking out more!

Beautiful Integra, by the way! We bought a '94 2-door LS for my oldest son's first car and are fixing it up. Such a sweet car!
Thanks! Your son will love it! Just don't let him rice it out. If you're interested, here's some more pics of the car.

As for the law, it states it must be no less than 12 inches from the ground, no more than 60 inches above the ground and at the most forward point of the vehicle (ruling out windshield placement). NOTHING mentions the angle. It all talks about covers, frames, reflective coating, etc. No mention of angle. :thumbsup:

geekzilla

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks! Your son will love it! Just don't let him rice it out. If you're interested, here's some more pics of the car.

As for the law, it states it must be no less than 12 inches from the ground, no more than 60 inches above the ground and at the most forward point of the vehicle (ruling out windshield placement). NOTHING mentions the angle. It all talks about covers, frames, reflective coating, etc. No mention of angle. :thumbsup:
I'll say it again, that is one beautiful Integra! Thanks for sharing the pics and equipment list, helps my son and I plan out potential upgrades :)

Good news about the plate mounting then. Thanks for following up. Much appreciated!

-- Frank

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Thanks, but no. I would definitely rather block my horn than block airflow to my turbo intercooler or engine.
Plus (I can say from experience and research) this does not mute the horn at all. It's all good. Thanks!
-- Frank
I think he meant the driver side grille, not the center grille

tomcxb

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Civic Type R, 2020 Pacific Pewter Honda Odyssey Elite, 2020 Tungsten Silver Toyota Supra 3.0
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Mount DF10FF87-E5BD-4C0A-8471-50696647BAC2
I think he meant the driver side grille, not the center grille
That wouldn’t work on the drivers side grill since there are no cut outs in the grill piece to mount the bracket too

+1 for this bracket and the red crew

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
DF10FF87-E5BD-4C0A-8471-50696647BAC2.jpeg

That wouldn’t work on the drivers side grill since there are no cut outs in the grill piece to mount the bracket too

Honda cares to make a cut outs in the grill on passenger side for an obvious reason.

tomcxb

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Civic Type R, 2020 Pacific Pewter Honda Odyssey Elite, 2020 Tungsten Silver Toyota Supra 3.0
Country flag
Honda cares to make a cut outs in the grill on passenger side for an obvious reason.
Agreed ..but as noted above ..the bracket being installed there is not hindering the operation of the horn ..it can be heard just fine and it’s not flush up against it blocking it

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed ..but as noted above ..the bracket being installed there is not hindering the operation of the horn ..it can be heard just fine and it’s not flush up against it blocking it
I guess it's a set of regulations required by Department of Transport because all automakers are required to make holes for the horn(s) if not placed directly behind the radiator or nose grill.

cococly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
DF10FF87-E5BD-4C0A-8471-50696647BAC2.jpeg

I got the same Bracket, but I thought placing it over the horn would make the plate be at a 30-degree to the right, that would attract police attention.

Honda Civic 10th gen Front License Plate Mount 20181204_160603

Yes, I am blocking more airflow to the intercooler, but we Canadians don't have to worry about it so much during winter :)

EckotypeR

R - 22032
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I saw a site where they print your plate where it can stick on... what about stealing this idea, and shrinking the plate down a small percentage so as to have more room to work with? i'd assume law enforcement would'nt notice a 10-20% reduction if it was done right instead of just trying to rig it without a lot of thought.

here's the link of what i was talking about

http://customlicenseplates.us/

Last edited:

spacemanspiff

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Civic Type R, 2006 Toyota Corolla S
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did mine using "Bell Automotive 22-1-46230-8 Adjustable License Plate Frame Mounting Bracket" & "Cruiser Accessories 81430 Locking Fasteners License Plate Frame Hardware, Stainless Rattle Stop Kit". No cutting, no trimming, no need to remove bumper.

Please pay attention to bracket used for base mount in "Step 1".
Take caution after "Step 2". You don't want to setup it up the way as in the image after.
I put neoprene strips behind the plate to protect the bumper. You should too.

30275343768_9f2093651d_b.jpg
Cruiser Accessories 81430
30275344028_b6953111ba.jpg
Bell Automotive 22-1-4623

44142551131_fa0a2321cc_h.jpg step 1

44142551301_9b24eada76_h.jpg
step 2

44142551611_2e3e85bd7a_z.jpg
Danger

30275355958_90090dbd86_b.jpg
neoprene strip

30275343568_9b81e8028a_h.jpg
step 3

30275343898_7156e26dc5_z.jpg
Final
This turned out great. What dimensions did you go with for the neoprene strips? I'm thinking this is the route I want to go.

late camaro

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Nova SS, 01 S2000, 15 Camaro SS/1LE, 18 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw a site where they print your plate where it can stick on... what about stealing this idea, and shrinking the plate down a small percentage so as to have more room to work with? i'd assume law enforcement would'nt notice a 10-20% reduction if it was done right instead of just trying to rig it without a lot of thought.

here's the link of what i was talking about

http://customlicenseplates.us/
I have got away with trimming the overall size of Ohio plates for about 40 years....

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 typeR
Country flag
This turned out great. What dimensions did you go with for the neoprene strips? I'm thinking this is the route I want to go.
How about adding some zip ties between the screws in step 1 to spread the load out a bit since grill look flimsy and may crack over time.