Front License Plate Mount

elmatatan45

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Has anyone relocated their front license plate (if applicable to your state)? I made sure that the dealership didn't install a front license plate on my CTR, but NY cops keep on harrassing me about it... Does anyone have any thoughts on where in the front would be a good install?
Sponsored

good_ol_dv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
I've been hoping to see an actual solution for this too. My temp license will be done soon and I got my plates the other day.
If I can't find a solution soon I might have to drill onto the bumper anyway and that would be a shame.

Kullervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Civic Si
Country flag
I think this could work mounted above the grill for the intercooler. You still have to drill the bumper, but the holes wouldn't be in a visible spot. As a bonus, the plate is quickly removable for show purposes.

https://skenebrackets.com

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Last edited:

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Does it wobble around much?
I haven't had someone video the plate while I was driving, so I don't know. It is solidly held on, though, and because I am using the top two (open) 'holes' of the grill, the top of the mount is against the part of the grill that has no holes so the mounting is quite sturdy. I'm planning on using a backing plate for the permanent mount. (Right now I'm using a half-dozen zip ties.)

Last edited: