Front grille coming apart.

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
I don't have my hopes up - but we'll see what my local Honda dealer can do. Maybe they've already been instructed to fix it however they can, even if it involves using 3M trim tape. I'd rather them waste their time and money rather than me.
Call honda canada if your dealership denies it and you really want to get it fixed. Maybe if enough people complain they will do something.
Sponsored

Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport (ABM)
Country flag
So far they haven't denied anything, but I'll wait till they get me in for "repairing" the issue.

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000, 2017 Civc Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Glad I found this thought I got a car with damage.
Picked mine up and spotted it right when I drove 150 miles back home so I was less than happy after going through the whole purchasing ordeal noticing this really sucked.

Going to my local dealer Monday see what they say...I live in Texas so it gets MF HOT here.

Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, seems like heat and expansion is the common ground for when this happens.

Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Still waiting for the parts to come in. Which reminds me - I'll give them a call.

Update: still waiting on 2 window trim pieces to come in; one is on back order.

Last edited:

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still waiting for the parts to come in. Which reminds me - I'll give them a call.
Do you have any pictures? it seems like everyones are a bit different some worse some not as bad. I'm trying to see what they would consider and fix. Mine is not that bad but at the same time don't have a lot of time going to dealerships, ones near by are pretty shitty service.

Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Notice the gap in between the black trim and blue bumper. Also, you can see a few of the clips

Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. Photo 2017-07-30, 10 36 05 AM

Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. Photo 2017-07-30, 10 35 49 AM

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
That's how mine started out and got a bit worse over time. Now it is how it is. Still haven't got around to taking off the bumper and trying to fix it myself.

Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. IMG_5550.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. IMG_5552.JPG

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Notice the gap in between the black trim and blue bumper. Also, you can see a few of the clips

Photo 2017-07-30, 10 36 05 AM.jpg

Photo 2017-07-30, 10 35 49 AM.jpg

Really appreciate the photo. Mine is about like that too. Hope to get it resolved by dealership as well just trying to find the time.. since dealerships near the city so shit they wont even look at it.

hydensiq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's how mine started out and got a bit worse over time. Now it is how it is. Still haven't got around to taking off the bumper and trying to fix it myself.

IMG_5550.JPG

IMG_5552.JPG
I'm worried it will get worst too. No luck at the dealership replacing it?

Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hope to get it resolved by dealership as well just trying to find the time.. since dealerships near the city so shit they wont even look at it.

Man, I can't believe any dealership would be giving anyone a hard time about this. It's a friggin bumper!! As I mentioned before, if it's a design flaw, then Honda needs issue a mod/fix to ensure it stays put! 3M tape or adhesive, I don't care - we should be seeing our bumpers come apart like this!

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I'm worried it will get worst too. No luck at the dealership replacing it?
I put xpel full front coverage as soon as I got the car. The only official fix it a whole new bumper cover and they say no guarantees it won't happen again and they won't replace the bumper film I had put on so I'm stuck as is pretty much. One guy did a self fix and it held up great for months now but it involves taking off the bumper and using a heat gun to change the shape of the black tabs to catch the back of the bumper. His photos attached

Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. IMG_5595.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. IMG_5600.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. IMG_5601.PNG

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put xpel full front coverage as soon as I got the car. The only official fix it a whole new bumper cover and they say no guarantees it won't happen again and they won't replace the bumper film I had put on so I'm stuck as is pretty much. One guy did a self fix and it held up great for months now but it involves taking off the bumper and using a heat gun to change the shape of the black tabs to catch the back of the bumper. His photos attached

IMG_5595.JPG

IMG_5600.PNG

IMG_5601.PNG

did anyone elses grille have a piece of foam stripe taped across the clips when you first too the bumper off or is that just me. i noticed it when i did the grille swap and wondered what the hell it was for.
Sponsored