First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Great find !
So the best thing to do is to reinforce all 3 the support brackets at the same time.I think if we would only reinforce the center one , i would only be a matter of time for the outer 2 to start bending too right ?
Whats the the name of the Center Bracket or part number?
Sponsored

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whats the the name of the Center Bracket or part number?
You just need to be creative to get similar bracket from Home Depot or Lowes.

The bracket has to be strong to retain its angle, and flexible enough make the correct angle to the extent that the grill sits flat in the Yellow rectangular area of the vertical bumper beam.

Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. IMG_9904

marwek201

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Last week I am changing front black grill due to parking sensor issue, Yes, it has improved hole but that doesnt matter when hooks on bumper are
cutted to minimum, I still have gap btw bumper and grill.

I have lucky, I call again to my service and they order whole new bumber I hope, that will be 2019 revision and will be improved, I hope this gap will be removed, I will let you know.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had to get my rear bumper fixed this week, but I was talking to the guy about the front bumper issue, they fixed mine a year ago and it's been fine so far.
But he was telling me that the design on the 16-18 front bumpers are so bad(which we all know), that the insurance companies are starting to demand that they use after market parts instead of oem.
He said though that most after market parts don't fit any better since they are designed after the OEM parts.

Nitori

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2016 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Just wanted to post up my fix for this issue. I went from OEM to the Pro design grille to a Seibon CF grille and finally back to stock... So yeah, my bumper's tabs were toast.

After looking at it I realized a really stupid simple fix would probably work really well... Really all you need is for the bumper's tabs to be larger and this whole thing would be solved. So rather than heat gun, I gave zip ties a try, but simply stuck them through the grille's tabs and carefully fished them up and inside of the bumper, then loosely tied it off. I'm not using the zip tie to hold anything to anything else, so I didn't cinch them down hardly at all, in fact it seems like having them larger like this works better because there is very little tension.

Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. bumper zip tie

What this does is make the theoretical size of the bumper tab impossibly huge such that there's no real way for it to unhook through the hole.

Will report back how it holds up, so far I have reinstalled the bumper and pulled pretty hard to see if I could get any deflection and there is none whatsoever.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just wanted to post up my fix for this issue. I went from OEM to the Pro design grille to a Seibon CF grille and finally back to stock... So yeah, my bumper's tabs were toast.

After looking at it I realized a really stupid simple fix would probably work really well... Really all you need is for the bumper's tabs to be larger and this whole thing would be solved. So rather than heat gun, I gave zip ties a try, but simply stuck them through the grille's tabs and carefully fished them up and inside of the bumper, then loosely tied it off. I'm not using the zip tie to hold anything to anything else, so I didn't cinch them down hardly at all, in fact it seems like having them larger like this works better because there is very little tension.

bumper zip tie.png

What this does is make the theoretical size of the bumper tab impossibly huge such that there's no real way for it to unhook through the hole.

Will report back how it holds up, so far I have reinstalled the bumper and pulled pretty hard to see if I could get any deflection and there is none whatsoever.
Thanks Bro for the info

Chakra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag

bumper zip tie.png

How's it holding up so far? Debating on if it is worth taking to the dealer... The grill clips have definitely scraped where they are supposed to be on my bumper...

The dealer I went to today told me it would not be covered since my bumper clips broke and that's physical damage... Gonna try another dealer today.

Last edited:

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

bumper zip tie.png

How's it holding up? Seems like a simple, effective solution.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Going to try this. I have the Honeycomb style grill and its separating up top also. Thanks for this idea.
That is another good fix, even if you don't have this grille (the stock one can sag and separate as well).

Chakra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I've been trying this and can still see a little separation from the grill and bumper, but it was not as bad as before. However, the rubbing got so bad that my one clips completely broke instead of only wearing down so that kind of explains the larger separation from before.

My dealer said it was due to a collision or me sitting on my car (physical damage), so no warranty for me... Lol..

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've been trying this and can still see a little separation from the grill and bumper, but it was not as bad as before. However, the rubbing got so bad that my one clips completely broke instead of only wearing down so that kind of explains the larger separation from before.

My dealer said it was due to a collision or me sitting on my car (physical damage), so no warranty for me... Lol..
Did you try the Zip Ties? If so can you still see a little open space?

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, there is a gap, but maybe more-so because I'm OCD about it. It would definitely be worse if I didn't have the zip ties though.

IMG_1115.jpeg

IMG_1116.jpeg
I see Bro is much less , I want to fix mine too.
Were the clips of your bumper broke?

Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. 20200512_182952

Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. 20200512_182946