Dynamarkets

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Anyone else have their front fender plastic liners ripped? Both fender liners of mine have ripped very close to the amber light assembly on the fenders. What gives?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dynamarkets

Dynamarkets

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In your photo (avatar) your wheels look tight to the fenders - Are you lowered?
No, bone stock. Stock wheels & tires. I really can't imagine what would rip the plastic liner like that...both sides. The only thing I can think of is that I use the car on the freeway practically every day, and the wind resistance? serves to rip the plastic from the edge of the fenders?

I'm thinking of using Gorilla Glue to fix the rips. Any thoughts on that?

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
No, bone stock. Stock wheels & tires. I really can't imagine what would rip the plastic liner like that...both sides. The only thing I can think of is that I use the car on the freeway practically every day, and the wind resistance? serves to rip the plastic from the edge of the fenders?

I'm thinking of using Gorilla Glue to fix the rips. Any thoughts on that?
Can you share a couple pictures of the rip / tear?
On stock wheels, it shouldn't cause that, as there is A LOT of clearance between wheel/tire, and everything else.

You'd need to be going supercar speeds to cause damage like that due to wind resistance on the freeway....

Did you hit any potholes, or debris on the road recently?
Park too close to the curb, and scratching the front?

OP
OP
Dynamarkets

Dynamarkets

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I haven't hit any potholes, no debris, nothing like that. I only noticed them ripped recently when replacing the sidemarker light bulbs with led ones, so they may have been ripped for some time now. I'll post some pics so you can see.

OP
OP
Dynamarkets

Dynamarkets

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can you share a couple pictures of the rip / tear?
On stock wheels, it shouldn't cause that, as there is A LOT of clearance between wheel/tire, and everything else.

You'd need to be going supercar speeds to cause damage like that due to wind resistance on the freeway....

Did you hit any potholes, or debris on the road recently?
Park too close to the curb, and scratching the front?
Honda Civic 10th gen Front fender liners ripped. 20181126_141126

Honda Civic 10th gen Front fender liners ripped. 20181126_141150

Honda Civic 10th gen Front fender liners ripped. 20181126_141244

Honda Civic 10th gen Front fender liners ripped. 20181126_141332

OP
OP
Dynamarkets

Dynamarkets

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In your photo (avatar) your wheels look tight to the fenders - Are you lowered?
I guess the camera angle and how the shadows darken those areas, it makes it look like the car is lowered, but at the moment, that's stock height.

LuDawg94

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX 1.5T (CVT) Sedan
Country flag
I have the same issue as well but I just recently got my '20 CIVIC in Jan. I noticed it recently and I'm the same where it's stock height/wheels no modifications at all to the car. Have you gone in to get it replaced since you seems to still be within warranty? I might call up a dealer and see if this is under warranty. For me it is the right side front fender liner ripped straight across, nothing has happened to the left yet as far I checked when I noticed the rip. See the pictures below.
Honda Civic 10th gen Front fender liners ripped. IMG_2794.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Front fender liners ripped. IMG_2792.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Front fender liners ripped. IMG_2791.JPG

LuDawg94

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I stopped by Metro Honda, the tech guy came out to initially take a look at the car before they did anything. What he saw was that it was a clean cut and then checked the side marker stating it was loose. I then asked if the way it is, if it would be under warranty. He stated it would more than likely not be under warranty since it is not warped or as thought it happened on it's own. He said it looks like as if someone may have cut into it and probably attempted to steal the side marker. So far it has only been my right front side that has the ripped fender liner.

@Dynamarkets - The rips that you have, do they look like clean cuts? Or how deep does it go? I see on one of them it is a jagged rip.

OP
OP
Dynamarkets

Dynamarkets

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I stopped by Metro Honda, the tech guy came out to initially take a look at the car before they did anything. What he saw was that it was a clean cut and then checked the side marker stating it was loose. I then asked if the way it is, if it would be under warranty. He stated it would more than likely not be under warranty since it is not warped or as thought it happened on it's own. He said it looks like as if someone may have cut into it and probably attempted to steal the side marker. So far it has only been my right front side that has the ripped fender liner.

@Dynamarkets - The rips that you have, do they look like clean cuts? Or how deep does it go? I see on one of them it is a jagged rip.
Mine are pretty clean cuts. I think somebody is trying to boost our side markers.

LuDawg94

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine are pretty clean cuts. I think somebody is trying to boost our side markers.
Makes me wonder now if I should try to drop the car a bit by .8" but who knows, not sure what or why they'd want to get the side markers. I will be thinking hard about swapping them out for smoked LED ones if that's the case.

LuDawg94

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

dthanb

First Name
Mike
Threads