Seeks

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Hi - I just noticed the front right bumper area having an opening where I remember there being a cover. Did someone try to steal the tow hook? Or was it something else behind there?
Also if anyone can link me to a replacement part or more info that would be great.
Honda Civic 10th gen Front end tow hook cover missing 37C98DFC-FEC3-4771-9035-5677E15C2497

For reference I have a 2020 civic hatchback EX-L
Sponsored

OP
OP
Seeks

Seeks

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong but I think Iā€™m overreacting and this is how itā€™s always been

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong but I think Iā€™m overreacting and this is how itā€™s always been
Are you talking about the hole? Lol if your looking at your car and itā€™s on the left side fog light cover (passenger side) itā€™s suppose to have a hole, thatā€™s where the horn is

Honda Civic 10th gen Front end tow hook cover missing BC388485-E5D3-4787-ADE1-7DA2FEFF13C6

xile6

First Name
jermaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si, 05 scion tc turbo , 98 honda civic turbo
Country flag
the cut has always been open. Its so the horn would sound louder.

LoneWolf77

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
The opening has always been there. It surprised me one day too, so I drove to the dealer to see if others had the same opening. They do. Googled it, it has 2 purposes. Honda sensing camera is there and the horn is there too.

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
The opening has always been there. It surprised me one day too, so I drove to the dealer to see if others had the same opening. They do. Googled it, it has 2 purposes. Honda sensing camera is there and the horn is there too.
Sensing radar and such is on the drivers side and covered. Horns are on the passenger side.

LoneWolf77

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Sensing radar and such is on the drivers side and covered. Horns are on the passenger side.
You sure? I find it strange the radar can work through a piece of plastic. Guess one way to find out is cover the hole and try to use lane keep assist.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You sure? I find it strange the radar can work through a piece of plastic. Guess one way to find out is cover the hole and try to use lane keep assist.
Radar is on the driver side fog light cover, it is covered by a ā€œspecialā€ plastic that it can see through. An expensive piece if lost. Thereā€™s no sensors by the passenger side fog light. The hole is so that the horn could be a certain amount of decibels loud. See the photo. Ignore all the circles thatā€™s for when I was explaining how take off the fog light cover, but the black box is the radar sensor thatā€™s on the driver side

Honda Civic 10th gen Front end tow hook cover missing 19389CBA-DEBA-42F7-B8EB-EB2372B78BFB

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Correctamundo. If there was anything on the passenger side you'd never be able to cram Hella Supertones in there :p

LoneWolf77

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Radar is on the driver side fog light cover, it is covered by a ā€œspecialā€ plastic that it can see through. An expensive piece if lost. Thereā€™s no sensors by the passenger side fog light. The hole is so that the horn could be a certain amount of decibels loud. See the photo. Ignore all the circles thatā€™s for when I was explaining how take off the fog light cover, but the black box is the radar sensor thatā€™s on the driver side

19389CBA-DEBA-42F7-B8EB-EB2372B78BFB.jpeg
Oh wow! Thanks for this :)

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So 2020 type R donā€™t have a place to install tow hooks?
Thereā€™s 2 a front and back. The front is built in the chasis, and the second is behind the bumper cover on the driver side. Thereā€™s a hole there to screw in a tow hook. Not sure if the type r comes with it since it doesnā€™t come with a spare wheel. But the Non-R comes with a tow hook to screw it in as part of the spare tire

NIKNAKSBBC

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Are you talking about the hole? Lol if your looking at your car and itā€™s on the left side fog light cover (passenger side) itā€™s suppose to have a hole, thatā€™s where the horn is

BC388485-E5D3-4787-ADE1-7DA2FEFF13C6.jpeg
why you gotta laugh lol šŸ˜‚ I just got my whole front bumper and grille replaced and I was wondering the same thingā€¦ lol I didnt notice it was there until right before I brought my car inā€¦ lol dont judge us lol šŸ˜‚