Front emblem removal

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
How would one go about removing the rear emblem?

MangPoldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Lx with sensing
Hi. I'm looking to replace my emblems (front and rear) too but I'm wondering if I can still put the OEM one's back in the future? Plus I'm no where near having the knowledge in doing that myself. Thank you in advance.

P.s.
If anyone is planning to do so soon. Can you post a diy tutorial vid too.:lol:

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if you can reuse the front emblem after removing it, since you basically have to yank it off, and risk breaking the pegs.

As for the rear emblem, I think the chances of being able to reinstall them are higher because I believe you can go beneath the trunk liner and access the emblem pegs from the inside. I've seen videos where people use this approach with their 9th gen civics. They use pliers to pinch the pegs from the inside and push outwards to pop the emblem out. I will go under my trunk liner one of these days and investigate.

MangPoldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Lx with sensing
I don't know if you can reuse the front emblem after removing it, since you basically have to yank it off, and risk breaking the pegs.

As for the rear emblem, I think the chances of being able to reinstall them are higher because I believe you can go beneath the trunk liner and access the emblem pegs from the inside. I've seen videos where people use this approach with their 9th gen civics. They use pliers to pinch the pegs from the inside and push outwards to pop the emblem out. I will go under my trunk liner one of these days and investigate.
Thanks man! I will think again if i'll take the risk of having the emblems dine or not.

DaddyOfPayton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Red Civic EX-L Sedan
It turns out I was wrong! It's not nearly as simple as I expected. Refer to video for details.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but...

Does anyone have a source for the emblems in colors other than red? I would really like to get black ones (red car) so that I can stop doing Plasti-Dip every two months

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So does this mean we have to break it in order to change the rear emblem??
Not necessarily. Some have reported successful removal without breakage, while others have said they had to break the emblem to remove it. I think it depends on how careful and patient you are.

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone have a guide video how to remove the front and rear emblem?

CivicEXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
Does anyone have a guide video how to remove the front and rear emblem?
i don't have a video but i just used two screwdrivers to hold and pry the emblem from the top and bottom and pulled it out. The two tabs are in the middle. The rear emblem has glue on the sides so use dental floss to dig in it. You can also let the car sit in the sun for a while to make it easier to come out.

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i don't have a video but i just used two screwdrivers to hold and pry the emblem from the top and bottom and pulled it out. The two tabs are in the middle. The rear emblem has glue on the sides so use dental floss to dig in it. You can also let the car sit in the sun for a while to make it easier to come out.
thanx for the tips! now i just need to get the right emblem for the front back and the wheel...