Front emblem removal

Feline75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic coupe 2016
Hi,
I need help!
I bought a JDM emblem, tried to get to original emblem but there's not a lot of room to get to it (and I'm a girl with small hands)
There are tiny screws, and "clips", managed to remove the screws, but I'm not sure how to pop the clips...there as to be a better way to do this!
Can anyone help please, sorry my english is not very good...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Feline75

Feline75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic coupe 2016
My problem is not with the rivet clips, those were easy to remove, I'm having trouble with the ones holding the emblem itself...the chrome part...need to remove it to get to the two plastic pins that hold the emblem...

OP
OP
Feline75

Feline75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic coupe 2016
The 10th generation are very different to the 9th... Should have took a picture before I put it back together:(

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SXL, 2015 Honda CRV EX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Lancer Evolution
My problem is not with the rivet clips, those were easy to remove, I'm having trouble with the ones holding the emblem itself...the chrome part...need to remove it to get to the two plastic pins that hold the emblem...
You need to just snap them off. They aren't resusable. The front emblem is usually held on with adhesive too. Snap off those tabs, get some fishing line or dental floss and slowly work it back and forth to loosen the adhesive. Should pop right off

OP
OP
Feline75

Feline75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic coupe 2016
Sure!!! But only when I get a chance to wash it...it's been raining over here...I also installed black wheels, tinted windows, painted my calipers red,added a spoiler and wrapped specific areas....btw my civis is red :)

OP
OP
Feline75

Feline75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic coupe 2016
Honda Civic 10th gen Front emblem removal ima
Turns out I gave myself alot of trouble for nothing... Don't even need to pop the hood. All I did is carefully pry the emblem with a screwdriver... There was no glue, only the two pins were holding it. Alsmost manage to save it, did break one pin but the other one is intact!

CIVIC-EXT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2015 Prius C2
Country flag
do you have a link to the jdm emblem?

bmm245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
Do you have a installed picture of the red emblem? I really want a set for my LSM Coupe.

-Brian

OP
OP
Feline75

Feline75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic coupe 2016
Do you have a installed picture of the red emblem? I really want a set for my LSM Coupe.

-Brian
Not yet, removed the original one today, should intall it tomorrow, was a little bit cold to do it today... Will post a picture when done

bmm245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not yet, removed the original one today, should intall it tomorrow, was a little bit cold to do it today... Will post a picture when done
That's awesome, I can't wait to see it! Did you get a rear one as well? I think our rear emblem is a lot bigger than the one on the sedan, so it'll need a different size I think.

-Brian

OP
OP
Feline75

Feline75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic coupe 2016
That's awesome, I can't wait to see it! Did you get a rear one as well? I think our rear emblem is a lot bigger than the one on the sedan, so it'll need a different size I think.

-Brian
No, I didn't because my car is red...I'll try it like that for now

bmm245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, I didn't because my car is red...I'll try it like that for now
Either way I'm excited to see yours! I think you'll be the first Coupe to run a red emblem actually. I was thinking maybe I'd be first, but you definitely beat me to it, haha.

-Brian
Sponsored