Front doors rattle when playing music. Honda Corp. won't insulate under warranty. WTF?

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Just a side note to all this so apparently the R has less insulation /sound damping then a regular civic. And is not one of the major changes on the LE that they are removing even more installation? So it should rattle good then hu?

OP (if you are still here) it would honestly just be easier to buy a box of killmat or dynomat for 50 bucks and do your own damping. its what I did and i stopped every rattle I had and plus made the stereo sound better.
Sponsored

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Now I'm paranoid about mine rattling, does anyone have a picture of this place? I'll take it apart and fix it if I have an issue, and while i'm in there put Dynamat or whatever in various places like i've always done in all my cars.
Hate it that the OP got talked to the way he did.
Totally unnecessary.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I do know this thread was resurrected :

1. I have no rattles so that’s not normal

2. what insulation is the R missing?

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I do know this thread was resurrected :

1. I have no rattles so that’s not normal

2. what insulation is the R missing?
The R is different in many ways. The R has a subwoofer that rattles. The motor is K-series type so its smoother and quieter than the simple L15. The R has better body structure. The rear wheel liners improve air flow and reduce noise. If the question is door panels you can make the doors quieter but all have similar plastic door panels although R has more "suede" look upholstery on them.
Sponsored