Front Bumper Scratch/Curb Rash - Civic Si WOP

jpaik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan Orchid White
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had the car for a few months now and all was going well, until I decided to drive on some local roads in Staten Island. Unfortunately, there were some deep potholes and I missed avoiding one :(

I heard a terrible sound that makes your hair stand up and welp, this happened:
Honda Civic 10th gen Front Bumper Scratch/Curb Rash - Civic Si WOP curbRashWOP

I read that in other threads people just recommended touch up paint since it'll probably happen again.
What kind of touch up paint should I get and what will be the process of it?

I'm completely new to this stuff so long texts of explanations are very welcome.

Thank you so much guys!
Sponsored

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I heard a terrible sound that makes your hair stand up and welp, this happened:

I read that in other threads people just recommended touch up paint since it'll probably happen again.
What kind of touch up paint should I get and what will be the process of it?

Thank you so much guys!
you have a couple options depending how "perfect" you want this to be:
1. You can get a body shop to sand/fill/paint. Worth getting a quote.
2. you can call some local parts places and find out who can mix you some paint in a spray bomb (may not match perfectly)and sand it with some finer grit paper and tape it off and give her a quick spray, following with clear (buff the whole panel so the difference in colour isn't so obvious)
3. Grab a paint pen from your dealer (i dont think WOP is available in aftermarket touch ups yet) and dab it on there. The pen will have one end with paint and one end with clear. Just make sure you clean the area and do a little at a time. If it doesnt come out good enough you can give it a wet sand with some 2000 grit and take it slow then buff it out.
4. White duct tape. Noone will ever know:thumbsup:

OP
OP

jpaik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you have a couple options depending how "perfect" you want this to be:
1. You can get a body shop to sand/fill/paint. Worth getting a quote.
2. you can call some local parts places and find out who can mix you some paint in a spray bomb (may not match perfectly)and sand it with some finer grit paper and tape it off and give her a quick spray, following with clear (buff the whole panel so the difference in colour isn't so obvious)
3. Grab a paint pen from your dealer (i dont think WOP is available in aftermarket touch ups yet) and dab it on there. The pen will have one end with paint and one end with clear. Just make sure you clean the area and do a little at a time. If it doesnt come out good enough you can give it a wet sand with some 2000 grit and take it slow then buff it out.
4. White duct tape. Noone will ever know:thumbsup:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write that!
I'll ask some body shops around and see what their quotes are but if it's too high, then I'll go with option 3.
For option 3, how much do you think the dealer would charge for it?

Otherwise LOL to option #4, I guess that would be my last resort :lol:

Thank you again!

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Thank you so much for taking the time to write that!
I'll ask some body shops around and see what their quotes are but if it's too high, then I'll go with option 3.
For option 3, how much do you think the dealer would charge for it?

Otherwise LOL to option #4, I guess that would be my last resort :lol:

Thank you again!
I think theyre about 25 bucks. Since the WOP is the premium im not sure if they'd charge more.

Since it is scratched towards the bottom of the bumper they'd have to take the bumper off (.4 hours labor) plus materials (paint) and painters labor (high estimate of 2.6hrs) it could run you, more or less, 400. Thats a high estimate.
I currently have a 2016 ex at my work, so i'm giving you the estimated cost of refinishing the entire front bumper. I'm assuming they'll want to do the entire bumper as paint matching this colour is difficult (amount of metal flake, specific shade of white, etc.) and (at least my work) wont want an oddly finished bumper tied to their shop.
Worth it to call around:thumbsup:

OP
OP

jpaik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think theyre about 25 bucks. Since the WOP is the premium im not sure if they'd charge more.

Since it is scratched towards the bottom of the bumper they'd have to take the bumper off (.4 hours labor) plus materials (paint) and painters labor (high estimate of 2.6hrs) it could run you, more or less, 400. Thats a high estimate.
I currently have a 2016 ex at my work, so i'm giving you the estimated cost of refinishing the entire front bumper. I'm assuming they'll want to do the entire bumper as paint matching this colour is difficult (amount of metal flake, specific shade of white, etc.) and (at least my work) wont want an oddly finished bumper tied to their shop.
Worth it to call around:thumbsup:
Oh the pen price isn't too bad at all!
Hmm I feel like since I'm driving on some poorly maintained local roads often, I'll probably encounter such a thing again. Might not be the best idea to keep spending ~$400 everytime I get something like this.

I guess I'll call around for now and see if it's not as expensive, but I seem to be leaning more towards option #3.

And then I'll probably add some type of front bumper protectors haha... Agh the roads there suck :(

Thank you so much for your help!

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Oh the pen price isn't too bad at all!
Hmm I feel like since I'm driving on some poorly maintained local roads often, I'll probably encounter such a thing again. Might not be the best idea to keep spending ~$400 everytime I get something like this.

I guess I'll call around for now and see if it's not as expensive, but I seem to be leaning more towards option #3.

And then I'll probably add some type of front bumper protectors haha... Agh the roads there suck :(

Thank you so much for your help!
Yeah just do paint marker if you're on a budget and aren't too picky.
I'm happy to help. Hope it comes out well!:beer:

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are two types of Civic owners -

1. The ones with brand-new cars.

2. The ones who will scuff up the exact same area you did.
Yep! I just did mine yesterday after owning it for 2 years. Sorta have an excuse, this girl in hot little black shorts was going to her car a couple spots away. It was a little distracting:)

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
I have basically the exact same thing on mine, is it bad to leave it? I was thinking I'd probably just wait and get everything touched up when I'm ready to sell rather than trying to keep it pristine forever. It's a car, it's gonna get dings, and I don't want to be freaking out every time.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have basically the exact same thing on mine, is it bad to leave it? I was thinking I'd probably just wait and get everything touched up when I'm ready to sell rather than trying to keep it pristine forever. It's a car, it's gonna get dings, and I don't want to be freaking out every time.
Yeah, not gonna rust, so no big deal if you can live with it until then.
Sponsored