ollier013

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
Short story short I just barely hit this ram truck and only my front bumper/grill got damaged his truck was spotless. Any ideas how much it would cost to get it repaired?

Honda Civic 10th gen Front bumper repair 928B15A5-7D7A-4327-B127-8F810658EC34
Sponsored

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you have basic hand tools, you may be able to pop that dent on the bumper yourself, and the grille is easily replaceable, just purchase a replacement grille online. I feel like the biggest pain is getting the bumper off and on with all the clips.

OP
OP
ollier013

ollier013

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
If you have basic hand tools, you may be able to pop that dent on the bumper yourself, and the grille is easily replaceable, just purchase a replacement grille online. I feel like the biggest pain is getting the bumper off and on with all the clips.
Thanks for the reply I will try this out

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

bluzfanmr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Touring Coupe, '10 Hyundai Tucson
Country flag
Thanks for this video. It gives me the confidence to do this myself so I can replace the drivers side fog light housing which got cracked by a flying rock on the highway.

Hopefully my Touring Coupe isn't too much different. I've read the only way to replace the housing on my model is to remove the bumper, unlike some of the other models.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for this video. It gives me the confidence to do this myself so I can replace the drivers side fog light housing which got cracked by a flying rock on the highway.

Hopefully my Touring Coupe isn't too much different. I've read the only way to replace the housing on my model is to remove the bumper, unlike some of the other models.
Yeah, seems best because you'll have to unscrew the housing from the back.

Good luck! Go slow, especially with the pop rivets. You'll be fine. Also, nice to have another pair of hands to help when removing the bumper, two people on either side, and don't pull on the flimsy 'eyebrows'. Something I do is keep the centermost pop rivet up top in place until the bumper is disconnected all the way around. Then, reach up on the lower side to disconnect the foglight connectors. After that, brace the front bumper so it doesn't slide off, remove that last pop rivet, then carefully pull away from the car, and lower to the ground.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
For the white painted area..gonna be more involved rather than just like replacing the black grill. Gotta pop it out, sand it down, add some filler material to get back fullness and the body line of the area. Sand again, get it ready for paint, and blend the paint to the surrounding areas, and then clear coat. Definitely more involved, would recommend to have a body shop take care of that if you haven't done any sort of body work before. Or you can just touch up paint that sucker.

Stockysi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I just changed my grille and used this video for reference…

Also highly recommend getting a clip removal tool on Amazon it will make the process of removing clips much easier and buying extra clips on eBay in case you snap some.

here are the parts I purchased for my si, not sure what you have but grille might be the same. By the way there is an outer cover that goes over the grille. I’m not sure if yours cracked or not.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364003127362

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134137752478

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313800021649

For the dent see if you can have a paint less dent removal guy do it for You. I recently had a huge dent in the rear and was only quoted 150$ another shop wanted to charge 500$. The paint you can touch up with touch up paint.
Goodluck!
Sponsored