Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I have a set of Hella Horns (sharptones), some replacement fog light bulbs and I want to put relays in the positive loop of my fog light so I can add an additional switch and have them come on with my high beams if I want. I want to take my bumper off to make this easier. I'd like to know how likely it is that I'm going to break clips between the fenders and the bumper? They look very fragile in the photos and videos
Sponsored

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a set of Hella Horns (sharptones), some replacement fog light bulbs and I want to put relays in the positive loop of my fog light so I can add an additional switch and have them come on with my high beams if I want. I want to take my bumper off to make this easier. I'd like to know how likely it is that I'm going to break clips between the fenders and the bumper? They look very fragile in the photos and videos
It’s mad easy to drop the bumper, just have a couple of towels or some good fluff to drop it on. Can do it solo, but better to have a second person help you, cuz it’ll drop the moment snap it from the frame of the body on the last few attachments. For the clips breaking just buy one of those fender plastic pry tools kits on eBay. The replacements clips are “relatively” cheap as well. Can buy a 100 pack for like $5-8

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Just gotta take your time with the clips and not be so aggressive with it, they’re plastic clips after all. I’ve taken on/off my bumper about 8 times now and I’ve only broken 4 clips. Just take your time and don’t rush. When I first took off the bumper I was so careful because the car didn’t even have 1,000 miles on it yet. So it took me like 25min to remove. Now I can get it off in like 5-10min. It’s pretty simple

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
If you have a hatchback or SI. You don’t need to remove bumper to install those things. Lightbulbs for dogs definitely does not need bumper removal. The bezels are easy to come off.

OP
OP

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you have a hatchback or SI. You don’t need to remove bumper to install those things. Lightbulbs for dogs definitely does not need bumper removal. The bezels are easy to come off.
i also have a set of driving lights that I may place behind the grill (replacement high-flow honeycomb grill) which will have to be fastened to the metal part of the bumper and the two sharptone transducers - so the bumper cover is def coming off

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i also have a set of driving lights that I may place behind the grill (replacement high-flow honeycomb grill) which will have to be fastened to the metal part of the bumper and the two sharptone transducers - so the bumper cover is def coming off
I removed the bumper yesterday, and replaced the fog lights. I realized I didn’t have the correct materials to wire up my horns and had to reinstall the bumper. I broke all of the push-pins under the rad and a couple under the fog lights, they are easily replaced. I didn’t drop the bumper on the ground by accident as I’d left two of the top pins in place to hold it as I pulled the side clips (which went better than I’d have thought). I did find that I stressed the clips more when I was installing the bumper than when I was removing it.

Honda Civic 10th gen front bumper removal - I need some coaching 5CBF4B40-20FE-4110-8136-FF8CCF3A7FDE
Sponsored

Last edited: