Front Bumper not aligned on '19 LX sedan

kingshotai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Has anyone had this issue before? My car has 4200 miles on it and this has been present since fairly shortly after I took delivery of the car. I'm wondering if it's worth it to try to get it covered under warranty.

Honda Civic 10th gen Front Bumper not aligned on '19 LX sedan RQjCPBv

Honda Civic 10th gen Front Bumper not aligned on '19 LX sedan n0HaOpX

rmb9797

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I don't have pics handy but I have the same thing happening on my Si at around 35k miles. Mine has more gap below the headlight and less by the quarter panel but its very similar. Haven't had time to take anything off and see whats wrong

Garlow1979

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone had this issue before? My car has 4200 miles on it and this has been present since fairly shortly after I took delivery of the car. I'm wondering if it's worth it to try to get it covered under warranty.

RQjCPBv.jpg

n0HaOpX.jpg
There are two places under the headlight where the bumber has clips and three or four clips where the bumber meets the fender, one of the clips may have popped out. Try pushing it back in. If afraid of damaging something take to dealer and see if they can fix.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I'd just not mess with anything and take it to the dealer. That's clearly an issue that's their fault because the car is so new so they should be the ones to fix it.

carl4

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I've got the same issue. These bumpers seem to be pretty fragile to slight bumps, snowbanks, etc.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Yeah it’s not supposed to look like that. Take it back to the dealer so they can fix it

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

RQjCPBv.jpg

n0HaOpX.jpg
I had the same problem on my 2016 civic when I bought it. I took it back to the dealership the day after I brought it home and they don't me to pound sand because it had already left the lot so here I am 3 years later with my front bumper sticking out still.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, this is more common than it should be. Mine was askew on the drivers side.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the same problem on my 2016 civic when I bought it. I took it back to the dealership the day after I brought it home and they don't me to pound sand because it had already left the lot so here I am 3 years later with my front bumper sticking out still.
The day after? Wow, what a douche move by the dealer. Usually they're so concerned with getting perfect scores on the after sales surveys that they would take care of something as minor as this is. I'd take my business elsewhere in the future.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The day after? Wow, what a douche move by the dealer. Usually they're so concerned with getting perfect scores on the after sales surveys that they would take care of something as minor as this is. I'd take my business elsewhere in the future.
It was very disappointing, they kiss your ass until you take the car off the lot and then they make you feel like you're on your own.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was very disappointing, they kiss your ass until you take the car off the lot and then they make you feel like you're on your own.
I take it that you didn't get a survey from Honda corporate following your purchase?

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should of never accepted that answer. The car has a warranty that lasts much longer than the day you drive it off, the lot. Smh.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 2017 civic had the same issue, it was a broken clip. They replaced it under warranty, about six months after I bought it with no problem.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Also, I forgot to mention that my drivers side bumper sticks out a tiny bit and is not flush with the body. It's been like that since day 1 but I just figured it's too small of an issue for me to go to the dealer about it. And since i'm over a year in with the car it's probably too late now anyway. Looks like this issue is more common than not.
Sponsored