Front Bumper not aligned on '19 LX sedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have the same issue with my 2018 Si and the dealer told me that it was because of an "impact," which is bull$hit. There is some light scraping on the bit of plastic that hangs down in front of the wheel well but no scraping on the bumper or body itself. I think the dealerships know this is an issue and have a stock answer to deflect it.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Update: I removed the bumper today and replaced the bracket that the headlight sits inside of and the spacer that sits under the side of the fender and side marker light.

It looked okay at first, but the bumper started to stick out again after a drive. Not as bad as before, but it still did it.

I decided to try to pull the bumper back in that one spot to see why it wasn’t clipping into the spacer bracket.

It looked like the hole on the bumper which clips under the edge of the fender next to the headlight is the trouble spot. It seemed pretty big in comparison to the other holes, so I tore some duct/Gorilla tape and tried to wrap it around the leading edge of that hole.

It seemed to help significantly, so it might be worth a try.

If you’re interested, remove the two black screws on the underside of the fender and use a large, plastic pry tool to carefully release the clips under the marker light and up the side of the fender. If the spacer is chewed up, you’ll likely have to drop the bumper and replace it, but if they’re good try the tape!