JD @typ._.arr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM FK8 Type R
Country flag
I came from a Focus RS, This happened.
Honda Civic 10th gen From RS To Type R IMG_1292

It was a total loss. I was looking around for a Type R to mix it up and I couldn't find one around Charlotte without a 5 to 10k markup. Thursday I was searching car sites and came across a PMM Type R in Columbia, SC. Honda of Columbia doesn't mark up their R's and sold this thing to me for sticker OTD.
I love the vehicle! their are things it does better than the RS but their are a couple things the RS had that I miss. Decided to star modding by removing the civic on the hatch and removing the red stripping on the lips. It was a bit of overkill IMO.
Honda Civic 10th gen From RS To Type R IMG_0105
Honda Civic 10th gen From RS To Type R IMG_0107
Honda Civic 10th gen From RS To Type R IMG_0089

View attachment 118273

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

wishistillhadmyITR

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F87 M2 (former 00' EBP Si, PYITR 0081, Evo VIII, IX, 15' WRX STi, Focus RS))
Country flag
Nice! I’d be interested in hearing more about the comparison

8409_CW

First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd like to hear about your personal opinion and comparisons between the two vehicles. Thanks.

Welcome to Honda. :)

Last edited:

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
IMG_1292.jpg

It was a total loss. I was looking around for a Type R to mix it up and I couldn't find one around Charlotte without a 5 to 10k markup. Thursday I was searching car sites and came across a PMM Type R in Columbia, SC. Honda of Columbia doesn't mark up their R's and sold this thing to me for sticker OTD.
I love the vehicle! their are things it does better than the RS but their are a couple things the RS had that I miss. Decided to star modding by removing the civic on the hatch and removing the red stripping on the lips. It was a bit of overkill IMO.
You did indeed get the best color and would also lo e to hear the comparison between the rs and the r.

Welcome and enjoy!

OP
OP
skankmanky

skankmanky

Typ._.Arr
First Name
JD @typ._.arr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM FK8 Type R
Country flag
That's all it takes to total an RS?
Yeah that's what I said, but he hit the rear right tire, pushed it forward and bent some parts with the control arms and sub frame. 28k in damages to fix it.

OP
OP
skankmanky

skankmanky

Typ._.Arr
First Name
JD @typ._.arr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM FK8 Type R
Country flag
Nice! I’d be interested in hearing more about the comparison
So the Type R feels much more stable than the RS, both cars had great turn in but the Type R feels more planted and stable around turns and at higher speeds. Things I miss about the RS are the AWD and Drift mode I loved the fact that it was two cars in one, it could be a RWD or AWD. I shredded tires in that thing!!! The Type R has a bit more road noise especially on the highway than the RS did. I love the looks of both cars so much! I'm definitely a hatch and wagon lover for life!!! I enjoyed the slightly more subdued looks of the RS but when I removed the red pin stripping on the type r's side skirts it helped clean it up. Im getting xpel ppf Wednesday so after that's on i'm going open her up and see how it compares with some hard driving. Check back and I always appreciate good mod ideas so feel free to share, here's a pic of the old RS.
Honda Civic 10th gen From RS To Type R IMG_1064

wishistillhadmyITR

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F87 M2 (former 00' EBP Si, PYITR 0081, Evo VIII, IX, 15' WRX STi, Focus RS))
Country flag
So the Type R feels much more stable than the RS, both cars had great turn in but the Type R feels more planted and stable around turns and at higher speeds. Things I miss about the RS are the AWD and Drift mode I loved the fact that it was two cars in one, it could be a RWD or AWD. I shredded tires in that thing!!! The Type R has a bit more road noise especially on the highway than the RS did. I love the looks of both cars so much! I'm definitely a hatch and wagon lover for life!!! I enjoyed the slightly more subdued looks of the RS but when I removed the red pin stripping on the type r's side skirts it helped clean it up. Im getting xpel ppf Wednesday so after that's on i'm going open her up and see how it compares with some hard driving. Check back and I always appreciate good mod ideas so feel free to share, here's a pic of the old RS.
Nice little review! I was hunting (4+months) for a CTR to replace my RS but was unwilling to pay more than MSRP and ended up with a different car. I agree with you the RS having varying driving dynamics, but also felt that the AWD system was unpredictable at times in how much power the car decided to send to the rear. And to comment on road noise, a minor annoyance I had with my STi was road noise/cabin noise which I’ve heard the CTR also suffers from. I enjoyed the quieter cabin in the RS compared to the STi. I’m sure the road noise can be easily fixed with rims/tires.

Definitely give us an update once you push your CTR.

mmm def

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 CTR, 13 GS350
Country flag
You drifted that into a tree didn’t you?! Sucks for the loss but on to better things! You’ll love it. I like the red stripe delete I think I will do that.

visualabstrakt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R, 2008 Evo X
Country flag
How did you take out the red stripe? Does it just peel off? Also did you put anything to replace it?

Chris3k2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
IMG_1292.jpg

It was a total loss. I was looking around for a Type R to mix it up and I couldn't find one around Charlotte without a 5 to 10k markup. Thursday I was searching car sites and came across a PMM Type R in Columbia, SC. Honda of Columbia doesn't mark up their R's and sold this thing to me for sticker OTD
Hold on. You really got this from Honda of Columbia? When I was pricing Si’s they wouldn’t come off a grand or 2 over msrp for the SI. I ended up going to Georgia.

OP
OP
skankmanky

skankmanky

Typ._.Arr
First Name
JD @typ._.arr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM FK8 Type R
Country flag
Hold on. You really got this from Honda of Columbia? When I was pricing Si’s they wouldn’t come off a grand or 2 over msrp for the SI. I ended up going to Georgia.
Yeah, they were awesome 35860 OTD. Ethan Godwin was my sales guy. Super cool dude!
Sponsored