First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, I am about to go over 40K Miles and so far, so good. (I do change the oil every 5K miles or so, however.)
Take off the turbo and check the shaft play ?
Spoken like somebody who has absolutely no bias and could certainly never own the 2.0L. Because the 2.0L are far from perfect, and somebody who speaks as such would obviously only own perfection!
I do actually have the 2.0, chose this over si because I didn’t like the DI and turbo system. I’ll just turbo the 2.0.
Sponsored

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
I do actually have the 2.0, chose this over si because I didn’t like the DI and turbo system. I’ll just turbo the 2.0.
What happened to wanting reliability? LMFAO the people who spew the most comedic gold are the ones to don't even know it! Good one. "Yeah I'll just get Joe Blow down the road to tune my turbo'd 2.0L, because he's done it to 13 other civ's and he knows his shit better than honda themselves who tuned the 1.5L from the ground up"... LOL real good one.

Last edited:

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What happened to wanting reliability? LMFAO the people who spew the most comedic gold are the ones to don't even know it! Good one. "Yeah I'll just get Joe Blow down the road to tune my turbo'd 2.0L, because he's done it to 13 other civ's and he knows his shit better than honda themselves who tuned the 1.5L from the ground up"... LOL real good one.
You talk out your ass a lot don’t you? Bold of you to assume you think you know me and who I’ll be taking my car to. Believe me I keep things professional. As far as reliability I was talking about 1.5 vs 2.0 stock for stock. But I believe boosting the 2.0 will still be more reliable. Just my opinion. Respect it or move on.

OP
OP

ManofGod1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Couple Energy Green
Country flag
You talk out your ass a lot don’t you? Bold of you to assume you think you know me and who I’ll be taking my car to. Believe me I keep things professional. As far as reliability I was talking about 1.5 vs 2.0 stock for stock. But I believe boosting the 2.0 will still be more reliable. Just my opinion. Respect it or move on.
Or perhaps open your own thread if you want to debate all that stuff. I only opened the thread for the original purpose.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Or perhaps open your own thread if you want to debate all that stuff. I only opened the thread for the original purpose.
I was talking about op until I was slammed.

Yoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT
Country flag
If you get a LX 2.0 MT, keep in mind the standard factory sound system is a piece of crap. Try to find one with the upgraded sound system if possible.

OP
OP

ManofGod1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Couple Energy Green
Country flag
If you get a LX 2.0 MT, keep in mind the standard factory sound system is a piece of crap. Try to find one with the upgraded sound system if possible.
Thanks for the suggestion. :)

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
I can tell you my 2.0 6MT feels like a total dog but I don't care if it lasts 350,000km and 15 years or more.

You said yourself you're after longevity, a turbo engine with major oil dilution problems is probably the absolute last choice I would make for longevity.

Do you want to have a "cool civic" or do you want it to last and be cheap to fix?

Dpack

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I can tell you my 2.0 6MT feels like a total dog but I don't care if it lasts 350,000km and 15 years or more.

You said yourself you're after longevity, a turbo engine with major oil dilution problems is probably the absolute last choice I would make for longevity.
Do you want to have a "cool civic" or do you want it to last and be cheap to fix?
I couldn’t find anything about 2019 SI Coupe having oil dilution issues, but did see them in 2017-18 models. I’ll take the cool civic, with turbo, LSD, and to me it looks better than all the civics including type are. I also have no intentions of keeping any car for 350k miles. I’m hoping to get 10yrs/125k miles

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
My summer toy is a stroked 360 mopar so maybe we have a different perception of "quick" ?

Not a complaint on the civic at all. I bought it to save money on gas over my Charger.

16LXMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civix LX 6MT
Country flag
I couldn’t find anything about 2019 SI Coupe having oil dilution issues, but did see them in 2017-18 models. I’ll take the cool civic, with turbo, LSD, and to me it looks better than all the civics including type are. I also have no intentions of keeping any car for 350k miles. I’m hoping to get 10yrs/125k miles
I'm fairly sure all direct injection engines regardless of manufacturer suffer from oil dilution. The 1.5 turbos from Honda appear to be excessively bad though.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm fairly sure all direct injection engines regardless of manufacturer suffer from oil dilution. The 1.5 turbos from Honda appear to be excessively bad though.
the pcv hose is so big the crankcase is in vacuum under boost.
Sponsored