cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I just turned in my 2015 Si Coupe lease and hopped right into a 2018 Si Coupe. I thought my 2015 Si was fun to drive??? I am in love.This car is such an improvement over the 2015. Where do I start? The 6-speed shifter is perfect. Even the shifter knob is something to talk about. It's so comfortable to hold. Let's talk about the steering now. This is the biggest improvement made to this car. I feel like I am driving a luxury sports car. The steering wheel feels great too. I love the menu of functional display options in the HUD. This car is downright fun. I already installed an Injen cold air intake. She deserves it. The driver seat is really nice. I feel like my car is giving me a big hug. Yes, there are a few negatives. The sound system is better than the 2015, but not by far. The subwoofer is pretty terrible. The infotainment should be the one that they put in the accords. And that's it. I haven't even listened to the radio for the majority of the first 600 miles because I love to listen to the engine, the air being sucked into the cold air intake, and the air coming out of the turbo waste gate. Yes, I am definitely in love with this car. I put $0 down and pay $265/month. I basically stole this car. This Si, at an MSRP of est. $25,000 is a magical thing. Anyone else feel the same way?
Sponsored

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
I traded a red 15 SI sedan in on my 17. Pretty much feel the same way. I'm also getting 7-10 more MPG which was a surprise.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went from a '15 Si to an '18 Si. I do feel the '18 was a vast improvement. Funny thing you mention:

The 6-speed shifter is perfect. Even the shifter knob is something to talk about.
The shift knobs were exactly the same between the two cars... down to the red stitching vertically at the 6 o'clock position... and the center console looks like they took a 9th gens and just added the topper of the 10th gen to it... which is where the 'little cubby' everyone raves about comes from. It was *the* cubby on the 9th. I used to miss the engine note of the 9th, but after a few months, I felt like the exhaust got seasoned a bit on the 10th and sounds better than when it was new. It had been a little weak and tinny initially. I'll agree too that while the sub is still worthless, the overall sound seems better... though whether that's from the sound system itself or better sealing up if the interior, I'm not sure.

ToastedSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
imagine going from the '15 Lx to the '18 si. +~60HP/TQ, LSD, improved audio/infotainment, getting the same MPG even though I fill up with 91+ now. Miles and miles of difference :D

Toranaga

First Name
nobody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 none
Country flag
Guys I went from a 2014 Jeep Wrangler with roll up windows and no AC to a 2018 Civic SI coupe.

Just put on 250 kms (155 miles) in three days. That used to be a tank of gas for me... It's looking like I can triple it in the SI.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Congrats on the car. Sounds like you got a lease and probably won't dump a ton of money into it. You should really swap that intake for a prl or 27won though.

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
imagine going from the '15 Lx to the '18 si. +~60HP/TQ, LSD, improved audio/infotainment, getting the same MPG even though I fill up with 91+ now. Miles and miles of difference :D
Amen to this!!! I drove a 2015 Ex Coupe before so got my Si. Holy cow what a difference!

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I just turned in my 2015 Si Coupe lease and hopped right into a 2018 Si Coupe. I thought my 2015 Si was fun to drive??? I am in love.This car is such an improvement over the 2015. Where do I start? The 6-speed shifter is perfect. Even the shifter knob is something to talk about. It's so comfortable to hold. Let's talk about the steering now. This is the biggest improvement made to this car. I feel like I am driving a luxury sports car. The steering wheel feels great too. I love the menu of functional display options in the HUD. This car is downright fun. I already installed an Injen cold air intake. She deserves it. The driver seat is really nice. I feel like my car is giving me a big hug. Yes, there are a few negatives. The sound system is better than the 2015, but not by far. The subwoofer is pretty terrible. The infotainment should be the one that they put in the accords. And that's it. I haven't even listened to the radio for the majority of the first 600 miles because I love to listen to the engine, the air being sucked into the cold air intake, and the air coming out of the turbo waste gate. Yes, I am definitely in love with this car. I put $0 down and pay $265/month. I basically stole this car. This Si, at an MSRP of est. $25,000 is a magical thing. Anyone else feel the same way?
For some reason the Injen intake has a bad rap; mostly from the Type R crowd. I have one also and it's been perfectly fine; don't give into the hype to "swap it" for something else. While I don't have any data to back this up, I'm wondering if a lot of the "problems" that people have had with the Injen are due to an improper installation... as in, it was self-induced.

Enjoy your Si with your Injen intake... I'm sure enjoying mine.