First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The top is c2 the bottom is c1. The only difference I can see that would make an issue is the 2 jackets/galleys I circled in blue. Looks like you could bolt up a type r block and have VTEC on Intake. Those holes though. Where do they lead? What if one were to block those 2 jackets? Do I see type r hybrid builds in our future? Matched with the type r trans and maybe have to make hybrid axles? I can dream right? Lol

Honda Civic 10th gen FRANK R 49A52BE4-CD66-46CF-AFBF-FA70CA713B41
Sponsored

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The top is c2 the bottom is c1. The only difference I can see that would make an issue is the 2 jackets/galleys I circled in blue. Looks like you could bolt up a type r block and have VTEC on Intake. Those holes though. Where do they lead? What if one were to block those 2 jackets? Do I see type r hybrid builds in our future? Matched with the type r trans and maybe have to make hybrid axles? I can dream right? Lol

49A52BE4-CD66-46CF-AFBF-FA70CA713B41.jpeg
Where did you find these images? I've been trying see what parts I could interchanged between the two engines or if I should just save up and buy a built motor from 4PistonRacing.

OP
OP
Romeoridgee

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All part numbers are different except the intake valves. Wonder what kind of compression ratio will be set with c2 head since I believe they are different bowl shapes. Looks like it would bolt up.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Those passages appear to be for coolant circulating to the integrated exhaust manifold. The C2 doesn’t have them because there’s no turbo heat to deal with.

IMO the head would probably bolt up, but would all of the sensors (crank position, reverse, etc.) from the C1 work with the C2 harness? That’s my concern.

Plus, you would need to swap the whole front suspension to avoid running custom axles.

OP
OP
Romeoridgee

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i also found out the timing chain is the same part number too. I work at honda so i can get connectors and re-pin the wires, I have endless wiring diagrams. I think Custom axles would work better. I am swapping for si front corner suspension so i can run the big brake kit.
Sponsored