lilyumyum

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Likely is the strong leather cleaning action concentrating on the high spot when applying more pressure while cleaning. This results premature wear and tear (rubbing) on the high spot. Could use polyester fabric dye but the new color will not look the same as OEM color. Suggest to get a seat cover to cover the damage.
This is exactly what happened... I applied quite a bit of pressure. Do you have a dye you suggest using?
Sponsored

marvin1200

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hey guys,

I was doing a little interior cleaning this past weekend. I had some strange spots on the back of my driver seat. Applied pressure, didn't come off, applied even more, and the frame of the back of the chair was exposed from me bending the leather material over it and exposing it pretty heavily.

My two ideas are:
  1. Apply a hairdryer/heat gun to it.
  2. Dye it with something similarly colored to completely remove the spots.

Thoughts?

60479296727__B3D506C3-AD8F-46F0-A1F6-2B076ED3EE4B.JPG
It seems like it could be the heated seat wiring underneath that had started to “burn” through. If you check the seat diagram online that pattern seems to show up as that. This link might help a bit it shows it more clearly.Then again I could be wrong and it could be the frame inside the seat itself that has started to just push against the leather. I would take it to the dealership and having it checked out see if it’s covered or not it’s worth a shot.

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts...nents_driver_side_full_power_seat.html?PNC=12

Last edited:
OP
OP
lilyumyum

lilyumyum

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
It seems like it could be the heated seat wiring underneath that had started to “burn” through. If you check the seat diagram online that pattern seems to show up as that. This link might help a bit it shows it more clearly.Then again I could be wrong and it could be the frame inside the seat itself that has started to just push against the leather. I would take it to the dealership and having it checked out see if it’s covered or not it’s worth a shot.

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/parts...nents_driver_side_full_power_seat.html?PNC=12
You are most definitely right! However, it is mostly the backing of the seat and not the heated area. It is just because I pushed against the leather. I plan on dying it soon but I have yet to find the time.
Sponsored