HeMPoPoToMiS

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean blue Civic Type R fk8 2012 Kawasaki Ninja Z1000
Country flag
So I got a estimate from a performance shop that quoted me a 3 hour time for dp and 1 hour for fp. Does that sound right or am I just being stingy? o_O
Sponsored

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
So I got a estimate from a performance shop that quoted me a 3 hour time for dp and 1 hour for fp. Does that sound right or am I just being stingy? o_O
3 hours isn’t unreasonable especially if they’re not familiar with the FK8. My local guy I think can get it done in about 1.5-2 hours

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just have an FK7 but I just got my DP done yesterday and it took about 3.5 hours. Keep in mind, 30 min of that was just waiting for everything to cool down first. And with the CAI to remove and a tight engine bay to work in, 3 hours sounds reasonable for the DP.

Cano-FK8

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic TypeR
Country flag
I just installed mine like 3 weeks ago and was like 2 hours to replace the downpipe, it's not too bad to change the only thing was crazy is the front screw on the downpipe cover but rest easy. Maybe someone have a video on youtube and you can save that money for another upgrades.

Dark-R

First Name
vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I just replaced my FP and DP in my garage, took me 6 hours.