sib2on

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan (Aegean Blue)
Country flag
As i was installing an oil catch can, i noticed something weird that was sitting near where the fuel lines & Oil Cap are (close to firewall).

The weird substance doesn't have an oder, but it has the consistency of 'bread'.
It crumbles like bread...making me think its bread...
(weird.... maybe a squirrel is hiding it there or something???)....

But I'm also thinking it could be Oil build up? I mean its next to the oil cap...

Any Ideas?

Honda Civic 10th gen Found Some Weird Substance in Engine Bay IMG_3012

Honda Civic 10th gen Found Some Weird Substance in Engine Bay IMG_3013

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
Rodents.
They love the harnesses, we have chipmunks here and i wrapped all mine with the Honda rodent tape.
Friend whos a honda tech gets 2/3 cars in a week with chewed harnesses , the rodents love the soy in them

OP
OP
sib2on

sib2on

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
At least it brought it’s own food instead of chowing down on your wires! ?
Thats Glad to hear haha. Anyone else checked their engine bay for signs of this weird substance?

OP
OP
sib2on

sib2on

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Rodents.
They love the harnesses, we have chipmunks here and i wrapped all mine with the Honda rodent tape.
Friend whos a honda tech gets 2/3 cars in a week with chewed harnesses , the rodents love the soy in them
wow i wasnt aware of this.

I know this may be a big favor to ask, but i was wondering if you can call out exactly where i may need to rodent tape these wires up?

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
wow i wasnt aware of this.

I know this may be a big favor to ask, but i was wondering if you can call out exactly where i may need to rodent tape these wires up?
dm sent

Zeffenn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Are those pieces of the fire blanket on the underside of the hood?

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think rodents too. I have had some mice get into 3 of my cars. Once I installed these devices they haven't been back. It's been 2 years now.

Honda Civic 10th gen Found Some Weird Substance in Engine Bay Screenshot_20200704-220915_Amazon Shoppin

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Look great ;

https://www.amazon.com/Loraffe-Repe...LCKBGY8?ref_=nav_ya_signin&returnFromLogin=1&

Product description
Keeps unwanted animals away from your car> rats, mice, squirrels, martens, chipmunks & other destructive rodents often shelter under the hood of vehicles & damage wiring harnesses, cables & other expensive parts. Loraffe under hood animal Repeller emits high pitched ultrasounds to cause their intense auditory stress & LED strobe lights to target their eyesight, creating a hostile environment under the bonnet for animals or pests to live, & force them to move on & escape from your car.

how it workshop> the Ultrasonic rodent repellent works in cycles. During each cycle, Ultrasonic waves & LED flashlights will be emitted alternatively or simultaneously. The sound frequency will constantly change so that the animals & pests Don¡¯t get used to the same sound being produced. The Ultrasonic waves are silent to human ear.

it is safe to your automobile> the Ultrasonic rodent Repeller runs on vehicle battery & will not affect the functionality of engine or other parts in your car

energy saving> auto standby to save battery power while driving; automatically resume work 20 S after the car is parked>
low voltage protection> automatically stops working to protect the vehicle battery when battery voltage drops below 10.5V; automatically resume work when the voltage rises to 11V or above>
Note: the minimum voltage needed to start a car varies from car to car. It is suggested that your car battery should be fully charged at least twice every month to maintain sufficient battery power.

technical specifications> Power Supply: 12 - 24V DC> power consumption: 0.6 - 1.2W
operating frequency: ultrasonic waves varying between 25 - 55 kHz>
Package include> 1* under hood animal Repeller* power cord> 1* user Manual8* zip ties
Sponsored