Found out PDI was done incorrectly left orange spring blocks on car after 3300 miles

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Clutching pearls here much? They're height blocks from the PDI process since the car sits lower than most for truck clearance. The PDI techs are minimum wage teenagers, expect as much.

It will cause no damage. Calm your tits Karen.
OP is the same guy that advocates suing the person that crashes into you until their insurance company goes out of business. This post was pretty mild.
Sponsored

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
It astonishes me that after 4 model years the dipshit dealers are still leaving these blocks in.
Expecting too much. Dealers receive like 1-2 CTRs for the whole year. None of the other Hondas require removal of these spring blocks.

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Expecting too much. Dealers receive like 1-2 CTRs for the whole year. None of the other Hondas require removal of these spring blocks.
Exactly. I removed shipping blocks from my 06 GTO when I bought it from and old man back in 2007. Car had 4400 miles and the blocks didn’t damage anything. Most dealers that have vehicles like the ctr shipped in from overseas requiring blocks to be removed during pdi forget quite often to remove them. Not a high volume vehicle, so certain things are overlooked.

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
OP is the same guy that advocates suing the person that crashes into you until their insurance company goes out of business. This post was pretty mild.
I’ve gathered that much in the few months I’ve been here from this OP. Ridiculous overreaction to insurance lawsuits infringing on fraud, alongside humble brags and unsafe brake “solutions.” Dude is off his rocker for sure.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Exactly. I removed shipping blocks from my 06 GTO when I bought it from and old man back in 2007. Car had 4400 miles and the blocks didn’t damage anything. Most dealers that have vehicles like the ctr shipped in from overseas requiring blocks to be removed during pdi forget quite often to remove them. Not a high volume vehicle, so certain things are overlooked.
Not sure about the CTR but my Focus RS had a large yellow sticker on the windshield as a reminder for removing the shipping blocks and it was still not completed during the PDI...the sticker was removed though.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Not sure about the CTR but my Focus RS had a large yellow sticker on the windshield as a reminder for removing the shipping blocks and it was still not completed during the PDI...the sticker was removed though.
Might be a case of the detailer peeled all the stickers and washed the car and a separate tech that did the inspection and removal of the spring blocks.

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Hey, at least you didn’t have to remove the sticker ?. I was at the dealership when my ctr arrived pre-pdi. No windshield sticker, just a ton of protective film.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
If you got into an accident with the blocks still installed, I could see the dealer being potentially liable.

The blocks essentially give you an infinitely stiff spring rate and can throw off the handling of the car quite a bit. It's like riding on worn shocks and constantly riding on the bump stops.

OP
OP

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
If you got into an accident with the blocks still installed, I could see the dealer being potentially liable.

The blocks essentially give you an infinitely stiff spring rate and can throw off the handling of the car quite a bit. It's like riding on worn shocks and constantly riding on the bump stops.
yep and they left the blue sticker on my gas pedal , just relized this at 3k miles as well , my foot has slipped a few times in traffic now i know why

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
That would still be 8 cars, think they would learn after the first one. Considering its in big bold colored pictures on the PDI Sheet with arrows and everything explaining to remove them. And that they check off the sentence that plainly says removed shipping blocks...

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag