Found out PDI was done incorrectly left orange spring blocks on car after 3300 miles

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
  • Banned
So my CTR has a Total of 4 orange blocks , one still compressing the spring,. Just noticed today after driving it 3300miles.

drove this car 140mph and redlined it a lot. Dealer says no damage can be caused . What are my options?
Honda of America refuse to talk to me and told me to take it to a dealer to have them removed

I want a free alignment check , what else should I ask for or look for potential premature wear and tear ?
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
  • Banned
You don’t think allighnment should be checked or rims could be bent?

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You don’t think allighnment should be checked or rims could be bent?
rims be bent? lol. just pull them out and enjoy your new found spring rate.

Blood_TypeR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R SGP
Country flag
@turbociv910 had this same issue happen to me when i purchased my new ctr last month, Tech signed off on the Pdi w/o taking off orange blocks.. I finally noticed something was off with the CTR @ 100ish miles on the ODO when I would hit certain bumps On the road, I’m just lucky I caught it early on, IMO orange blocks definitely put tension on the suspension when changing modes from comfort and sport and type r..I made a thread on this “question type r” the Honda dealership made things right in My situation..good luck op..happy thanksgiving..

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@turbociv910 had this same issue happen to me when i purchased my new ctr last month, Tech signed off on the Pdi w/o taking off orange blocks.. I finally noticed something was off with the CTR @ 100ish miles on the ODO when I would hit certain bumps On the road, I’m just lucky I caught it early on, IMO orange blocks definitely put tension on the suspension when changing modes from comfort and sport and type r..I made a thread on this “question type r” the Honda dealership made things right in My situation..good luck op..happy thanksgiving..
I've seen these posts before, I know they happen. You'd think it would be step one after getting it on the lift

Blood_TypeR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R SGP
Country flag
If you play your cards right the dealership might do something for you..I was able to get the spare tire kit for free along with a oil change and free tank of gas..

OP
OP

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
  • Banned
thanks for the input.

only one orange block is compressing the front right. the other 3 have broke off but still attached to the strut . I hate going to the dealer so I will remove them myself.

are there any in the rear ? attached i did not see anything unless they are under the dust cover

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Agree with the others. Remove them and drive the car. Inexcusable by the dealer but have not heard of any issues caused by the the shipping blocks.

The shipping blocks were left in my new Focus RS. I noticed it on the 35 mile drive home. Not sure how the CTR feels with them in.

Last edited:

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
People with S2000's have found them after years over at S2KI.

Removing them and driving should be fine,.

OP
OP

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
I removed them and it solved my front left squeal , thought it was a rock but turned out to be these

Dealer will be doing an alignment check, fill my gas tank, updating my adaptive cruiuse software guess there is a huge 2020 recall, and changing out a this warped black trim that goes on my window . The piece has one area that is deformed from the factory, rubber seal will not sit properly.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
It astonishes me that after 4 model years the dipshit dealers are still leaving these blocks in.

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
I removed them and it solved my front left squeal , thought it was a rock but turned out to be these

Dealer will be doing an alignment check, fill my gas tank, updating my adaptive cruiuse software guess there is a huge 2020 recall, and changing out a this warped black trim that goes on my window . The piece has one area that is deformed from the factory, rubber seal will not sit properly.
I thought spraying wd40 solved your squealing?

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Clutching pearls here much? They're height blocks from the PDI process since the car sits lower than most for truck clearance. The PDI techs are minimum wage teenagers, expect as much.

It will cause no damage. Calm your tits Karen.

OP
OP

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
I thought spraying wd40 solved your squealing?
It did but now maybe the brakes are broken in , i only have 3k miles on my car. it did make the car better on bumps though. just feels quieter now.
Sponsored