Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I checked out Carvana just for giggles last night and they offered me 21.5k for my 19. Kbb was about 700 lower
depending on your location they'll pay more, They offered me 21 for mine but with a bonus because of being in CA it was like 24.5 when it was all said and done
Sponsored

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A few miles from PA, but here in Austin I'm getting a quote for 33131 for my 13k mile no accidents car.
I lose about 2.8K on the accident - I fully expected that - but then I lose an additional 2.6K from "local market". That's ridiculous. KBB market value is 28K, so without the local market BS I would be looking at 25.4K.

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I sold office equipment to businesses so that's pretty much done for haha. Luckily I have a beater for now and a job lined up when I graduate college in December.

I enjoyed the Si but like you said there's plenty of stuff coming down the pipeline. The Mazda3 with the 2.5 turbo looks pretty interesting, as well as the Toyota hot hatch rumors.
I saw the Mazda3 as well and was very intrigued until I read that there wasn't a manual transmission option. Could be heresay, but that is a dealbreaker for me personally. Especially because I'd imagine you can hit the stock HP with a tune and an intake and exhaust on the Si. Torque might be a different question.

HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Carvana is literally just a giant online used car lot that has EXTREMELY HIGH APR's. They're out here scamming people. Even with good credit, I go on there for shits and giggles sometimes...I have a 750+ credit score and they still want to try and get me for 7-10% APR. They try and get you to put down an unrealistic amount of money as well to hide the high APR. Usually make you put 5-10k down lol. It's the best scam they got going.

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Carvana is literally just a giant online used car lot that has EXTREMELY HIGH APR's. They're out here scamming people. Even with good credit, I go on there for shits and giggles sometimes...I have a 750+ credit score and they still want to try and get me for 7-10% APR. They try and get you to put down an unrealistic amount of money as well to hide the high APR. Usually make you put 5-10k down lol. It's the best scam they got going.
If you're too stupid (not you personally) to go source 3rd party financing from a bank or, in my case a credit union, then you deserve to be scammed haha. Was being offered 13% from dealer, went to a local credit union and was able to secure 2.99% in June 2020.

Chuckles4

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I wonder how much of the premium is due to lack of availability of brand new Sis? I know when I went to purchase my 2020 a few months ago, it was damn near impossible to find. Every dealer in CA either had one and only one on the lot, or they would say they had 3 or 4 "on a truck" coming and that all were already purchased. I had to wait 2 weeks for mine to come in and I think it was the only one they were getting.

I had considered a used 2018 with 30k miles on it, but they wanted $24k for it! Anyway, maybe it's just not an easy to find car?

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all,

To start off, I bought a new 2020 Si back in February before COVID shut everything down. I was unfortunately laid off and didn't feel comfortable having a brand new loan with so much uncertainty.

I knew it would be tough to sell get rid of such a new car without losing thousands in depreciation, however I heard that Carvana was offering substantially more than places like Carmax or AutoNation. I had gotten the car for just offer $25k OTD and was pleased to find that Carvana offered me $24.5k. I took the offer and the car and loan were gone within 2 weeks.

I was interested in seeing how much they would try and sell it for considering the deal I got. I ended finding the listing and seeing that they're asking just under $30k! I can't imagine why someone would pay so much over dealer prices for a used car. I'm assuming people with credit issues are the only ones that would pay that premium.

Anyways, I thought it was interesting and if anyone else is desperate to get out of their loan, this could be a decent option.
Wow, yeah.... yikes!

Pass!!!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Found my Si on Carvana expensivecivic

OP
OP

missmySi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Really? I thought u were in cali? I found this in Oklahoma.
They'll ship cars all over the country.

Strangely, I was told my car can't be sold in California because the miles are so low it doesn't qualify as a "used" vehicle

whymi

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 si, 17 type r
Country flag
I thought in ca, after it has been registered it's considered a used car...?
Sponsored