Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Did the forum software just get updated in the past 12 hours (Jan 8, 2019) ??

Will take a bit of getting use to !:coffee:

Looks like it is more optimized to Smartphone format - that sucks when using a PC. Everything is so narrow.
Profile Image is ENORMOUS, and the profile text is narrower, so is no longer formatted the same way.

It;s also much S---L---O----W----E----R :(
Sponsored

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I noticed that too. I was looking at one tab with the site open, and when I closed it to move to another tab (also with the site opened) it looked completely different... @360glitch ?

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
whats more strange is some of the sub forums still have the old format for me. I agree its trash on PC... but My guess is most users use their phones to browse the forums these days.

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess I don't mind the update, but it would've been nice to have some other changes as well. My biggest gripe is that I have to access the page to see updates, instead of the newly posted comment being in the email

OP
OP
SCOPESYS

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Yeah it’s a obvious difference. I hate change, bring back the old one. Oh and no more occupation category
I agree as well .. Also the Honda Badges have vanished.. the ones you get for Forum Participation.. SUCKS .. but that's the way so many websites are going .. Optimized for the Smartphone, with no regards to the PC user.

Better software detects the display system, and then presents a layout optimized for that display ( Hint Hint )

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely still a work in progress, but overall, a nice refresh. The ad scripting is a bit much though.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
There was nothing wrong with the old one but I dont mind the new one, looks fresh. People will say it sucks now but will eventually get used to it and it wont matter. Using it on my phone though so ill see desktop version later.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best scenario would be no ads, but I understand guys behind got to make something for living.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
AWFUL change. I hope this is just a temporary error that gets corrected. I've been quick to praise this forum as one of the nicest-looking and best-performing around - and I'm a member or moderator on several of them. I haven't been as actively here lately since I no longer own a Civic, but if this is the new look I'll probably be around even less. :(
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.