Mike2020si

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Currently at 10k miles on my 2020 Civic Si sedan, I have KTuner and am running the starter 19.5 map as of a few weeks ago. Im looking to grab the PRL Cobra CAI and I cant decide on the street or race MAF. Im aware you can select race MAF in KTuner on the basemap or you can grab TSP stage 1 with the race MAF version. What is the move long term?? I plan on this car being my daily driver for a long time. However I dont plan on going big turbo, the most ill do is full bolt on with maybe an e85 tune. Also looking for opinions on the sound aspect.. is there really a difference between the 2? Anybody who had both want to give an expert opinion??
Sponsored

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Go race! No point going street if you already have Ktuner

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Honestly, whichever is fine. I doubt you are going to see a life changing power increase between the street or race MAF. I did recall there were some LTFT issues floating around a bit ago with the race MAF but pretty sure they got resolved (could be wrong).

For noise, I can only vouch for the street MAF, especially with the TSP Stage 1 tune. Spools very nice, got a crisp sharp BPV noise upon letting off.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
On stock turbo, street MAF is better IMO. Race MAF will cause your fuel trims to be all over the place at low loads due to the lower resolution of the larger housing.

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have a ktuner already I say go race maf. I went street before I got my ktuner and I’ve been searching for a race maf for a decent price

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have a ktuner already I say go race maf. I went street before I got my ktuner and I’ve been searching for a race maf for a decent price
Also wanted to add: if you decide to go on with your build and u get a off the shelf or custom tune for a street maf but want to switch to a race maf after buying that tune you would need to re tune with the new maf since it’s bigger.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're planning to go FBO and flex fuel, go with race MAF.

The PRL race MAF is a little bit less finicky than 27won's at low flow

wmayhue

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've actually had both in mine, with the only other performance modifications being the ktuner basemaps. I can say that the butt dyno feels no difference between the two, and you'll hear the turbo spool and bypass valve loudly with both. The only notable difference is you can hear the air being sucked in under load slightly more with the Race MAF.

If you plan on expanding on your build, go with the Race MAF, you'll be confident that your intake is not what's holding your power back as you add more mods. If you're just sticking with just a tune and the intake, in my opinion the two options make little difference on their own. I haven't experienced much changes in my fuel trims even at low loads after switching to the Race MAF.

One advantage to the street MAF is the ability to run the car without a tune. (Like for example I would flash back to stock on the occasions it went back to the dealer for unrelated warranty issues). With the Race MAF the car must be tuned to run correctly. I have seen videos of the cars starting un-tuned but obviously the AFR would be drastically off
Sponsored