Forge Recirculating Valve

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
If it’s a replacement recirculating valve, I don’t see why it would be a bad thing. Do it up and let us all know? :p Wonder if it would change the sound of the induction. Also it could be stronger then the OEM one.

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2017 Sedan
Country flag
If it’s a replacement recirculating valve, I don’t see why it would be a bad thing. Do it up and let us all know? :p Wonder if it would change the sound of the induction. Also it could be stronger then the OEM one.
I’m looking in to this. Because a BOV would not be a good thing for our cars. Did not know AEM had one

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I think the OEM BPV works just fine, there are exactly ZERO reported issues of failure. Why not spend that $180 on something worthwhile?
Some people want the sounds that come with a turbocharged vehicle, I know I wouldn't mind spending some money to get some sound out of the turbo. If the BOV didn't have negative effects I would buy one. Maybe someone will take the plunge and try this one out.

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Some people want the sounds that come with a turbocharged vehicle, I know would and wouldn't mind spending some money to get some sound out of the turbo. If the BOV didn't have negative effects I would buy one. Maybe someone will take the plunge and try this one out.
Buy an intake and you will hear the turbo noises. Make sure it has a properly positioned MAF sensor such as the PRL designs.

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think the OEM BPV works just fine, there are exactly ZERO reported issues of failure. Why not spend that $180 on something worthwhile?
I bought just because I’m waiting on some more $$$ for the Hondata etc.

And I’m not buying it because of the “sound” lol!!!

But I do get what you are saying tough

Also got it cheaper I negotiated with them

Last edited:

Metal_Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I bought just because I’m waiting on some more $$$ for the Hondata etc.

And I’m not buying it because of the “sound” lol!!!

But I do get what you are saying tough
If you aren't buying for sound, then why?

If you are waiting for $$$ for Hondata, then why waste $180 on this...especially if not for the sound? There is no other reason I can think of, and more/better 'sound' isn't a guarantee.

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

If you are waiting for $$$ for Hondata, then why waste $180 on this...especially if not for the sound? There is no other reason I can think of, and more/better 'sound' isn't a guarantee.
True that!

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

:doh:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
:) well to tell you the truth I want to test it out lol!!!
Admirable. And what do you intend to do datalogging with so that you have actual verification of such testing?

Cart goes behind the horse

OP
OP

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Admirable. And what do you intend to do datalogging with so that you have actual verification of such testing?

Cart goes behind the horse
Because I’m not planning to mounted right away!! I will order the Hondata and then mount different parts I have.
Sponsored