Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Honestly, if I still had my old car (an '09 Honda Fit), I almost certainly would have placed an order for the Maverick. It certainly isn't something I lust after, but from a practicality standpoint, it does a lot of things that I find useful. Yes, my Civic is fine for about 90% of the time, but man, sometimes you really wish you had a truck. It is certainly cheaper to just get things delivered, or beg my truck-owning neighbours for help, but the convenience alone is almost worth it.

The fact that it is reasonably sized instead of those monstrosities that everyone sells, has good gas mileage, can still seat 4 (5 in a pinch), has good ground clearance, and can still be parked in my garage really speaks to my practical side. And unfortunately, the Civic is no longer a car that I drive for fun. It has been relegated as just a utility vehicle for me, so I wouldn't even lose out on the driving aspect of it.

But I own my Civic, it's paid for, it still has low mileage (only 34,000 km), and it works for me most of the time. Anyways, all the hybrid versions of the Maverick have already been spoken for this model year, so I have lots of time to decide.
When they release test drive one. I can definitely see this as a mass fleet vehicle for uhaul, auto parts stores, car rentals and construction workers. Not necessarily as a bad thing.
Honda Civic 10th gen ...Ford Maverick Ford-Maverick-interior-13-1440x1080

I will hate to be forced sit in the back of this thing if the seats are slammed to the back even as a 5' 3 person.

Rear head room39.6 in.
Rear hip Room54.1 in.
Rear leg room35.9 in.
Rear shoulder room55.6 in.
This isn't really a rear passenger friendly car. So if you hate your friends, buy this car and take a long road trip with them in this car :p (scarred from being squished in a Buick Encore)

Nemesai285

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
As a homeowner myself, I personally haven't had a need for a truck unless I needed to move larger items, which was just easier to rent a U-Haul van or those Home Depot trucks. I have hauled concrete, bricks, lumber, bales of straw (3 in the back seat and 1 in the trunk), and a kitchen countertop. Be surprised how much these civics can carry.

Also, since you have the hatchback, can't you just remove the rear seats and divider so you have a covered-like truck?

Last edited:

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rent a truck. Best suggestion.
There's a neighbor down the street that has a Mav. Nice looking truck, I thought it was a Ranger.

Pitt-Civ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2020 Civic Hatch EX
Country flag
I'm actually looking into a hitch and getting a small trailer to haul my building supplies. Throwing a couple boards in the hatch isn't bad, but full sheets of drywall and I'll need the trailer.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/2a594bbc-caaf-4200-82bb-f2dd7825ca49/

Honda Civic 10th gen ...Ford Maverick Screenshot_20211106-104815

Mine @180k miles still runs like a champ. It has a full sized box and you can fit a buddy in the jump seats if need be.

I get 28 mpg highway if I stay the speed limit and I've hauled compost and topsoil by the yard with it. Modern four door trucks can't even do that(they don't have 6 foot beds)

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like a sturdy solution

The center exhaust work arounds are kinda blah though
For only $150 I'm considering fitting it and cutting it up. I would cut out the center and fab a removable drop mount with class 2. This way I could just bolt the hitch on with 4 M12 bolts if I ever need it. It would probably sit right behind my triple center exhaust in use but completely hidden with the hitch piece unbolted. I have a junk truck but would be a cheap easy project.

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
One of my childhood friends had 2 of these and kept trying to fix them up to make then "cool". Never happened...
347 stroker,5 speed manual trans and 9" rearend would do it pretty quick,if you could find on that wasnt a rust bucket.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
One of my childhood friends had 2 of these and kept trying to fix them up to make then "cool". Never happened...
Unfortunately these like many other ford products ( mercury and Lincoln) with column shifter only would jump out of park into reverse while at idle and either run people over or just go out of control in reverse this was back in the late seventies and eighties this was a massive lawsuit against Ford the funny thing was that the fix for this problem was that Ford sent stickers to register owners of these vehicles to put on the dashboard saying when parking shift to neutral apply emergency brake shift to park apparently this was the fix. As I read about all types of cars over the years I’ve also read about the lawsuits and recalls auto manufacturers had pretty scary stuff

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Dont know if anyone has said it, but most home improvement stores (Lowes, HD) you can rent a truck for 90min for like $25. Might be the cheaper way to go if you only need one every once and a while. Think about how many times you could rent that truck for that $10k that you were talking about and the gas that you saved.
Sponsored