For those of you running an LC2i for a subwoofer on 10 speaker systems...

CivicX_Si_VTurbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Lexus RC350
Country flag
Did you cut the grommet?
Sorry it has been some time but I think I either stretched it enough to push to power wire through with a tight fit or barely spliced the end to get some wiggle room. Mainly I remember trying not to have to cut it.
Sponsored

Evofc1407

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Sorry it has been some time but I think I either stretched it enough to push to power wire through with a tight fit or barely spliced the end to get some wiggle room. Mainly I remember trying not to have to cut it.
I ended up just cutting it but it works

Honda Civic 10th gen For those of you running an LC2i for a subwoofer on 10 speaker systems... 20190203_203119

Bru87tr

For those wanting to do this without actually tapping the wires, this harness works for plug and play ability. Used it in my SI with no issues. I only tapped into the sub plug though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002BEPJY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61IiEhc7w5L._SL1500_.jpg
That's what I used. Also, the back speakers have a very low volume compared to the front, this is another reason why I wanted to run off the back speakers to run an amp to them, that and its easier and quicker. I thought maybe I would be missing a lot of bass running off the back speakers, not so much. Prob better off the front as people have mentioned (cause I did notice before I started the fronts have more bass) but the LC2i seems to be doing its job off the back speakers and have plenty of bass. So I added a Rockford Fosgate 2-channel amp for just the back speakers as the fronts are close and can be heard easily and have plenty of power. The back speakers rock and sound powerful now. Before, just fading to the back it was so low in volume and distorted when cranked, but the fronts sounded great cranked.. But I do have the LX and the radio is basic.

I ran those quick connectors off the back speakers lines to the LC2i, then RCA from LC2i to the RF amp and from the amp to the back speakers. Then the bass RCA's off the LC2i to the JL Audio Powered Sub. I ran my low profile sub in the car so I can hear it better and like that it is ported to move some air. Wouldn't sound near as good in the trunk as its a small 8".

It all came out great and very happy with the results.
Sponsored