For Si Owners Only: Si vs. Type R --- Would You Give Up Your Si, if Type R was Available for MSRP?

Would You Give Up Your Si, if Type R was Available for MSRP?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

sjd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si 2019 Honda Fit Sport 2019 Mazda MX-5 30th AE
Country flag
I ordered a 2019 30th Anniversary MX5 Miata, some glitch with their system wouldnt let me sign up. I was on the waiting list. They gave me call 3 months after i bought my SI. How do you like the 30th Miata? I have several Miata friends but they missed out too.
I actually don't have it yet. I'm in Canada and we're a bit behind the U.S. so I expect mine in August. The U.S. owners are just getting theirs in a couple of weeks.
Sponsored

Weeks

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dunno. If I could do a Type R at 36-38, I'd probably start eyeing things in the 40-45 range, and that'd get me into one of the Bullitt edition Mustangs, which I think are pretty cool.

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
I’ll happily pay $25k for an Si with the 2.0.... the R is way too gaudy for my taste

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I would not and like the sleeker look of the SI Sedan. Also my car is paid off and do not want a car note.

I came from a 2015 Hyundai Elantra Sport with Automatic and the SI is sufficient for me:)

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I’ll happily pay $25k for an Si with the 2.0.... the R is way too gaudy for my taste
Unfortunately this is not going to happen (the Si using the 2L engine). Honda explained in an article that in order to keep the the Si efficient and affordable, they could not use the Type R engine even detuned. They wanted to keep this car under $24K, give it enough power to be fun with some room left for those who wanted to extract additional power. With the Type R it's not just the engine that makes it perform the way it does, it's bigger tires, a different suspension setup, and yes, the flamboyant wing

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
I dunno. If I could do a Type R at 36-38, I'd probably start eyeing things in the 40-45 range, and that'd get me into one of the Bullitt edition Mustangs, which I think are pretty cool.
I thought the Bullitt Started at like 52k so that’s out of your range...

But maybe if you apply Ford A plan you can shave off a few thousand. Not sure how the dealers are doing it. For that money I would buy a base Shelby GT350...

But who knows I think the market for the Bullitt is small, most people who want a Mustang already have one. Also they probably can’t afford it anyways. Plus most of the movie fans have probably passed on or are in nursing homes.(no offense)

The CTR is a much better value in my humble opinion. But it has a very polarizing look for sure. I thought the same thing at first I actually like the previous generations look we didn’t get compared for the new one. But after seeing them driving around in the wild I changed my mind and actually like how they look.

A2

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I thought the Bullitt Started at like 52k so that’s out of your range...

But maybe if you apply Ford A plan you can shave off a few thousand. Not sure how the dealers are doing it. For that money I would buy a base Shelby GT350...

But who knows I think the market for the Bullitt is small, most people who want a Mustang already have one. Also they probably can’t afford it anyways. Plus most of the movie fans have probably passed on or are in nursing homes.(no offense)

The CTR is a much better value in my humble opinion. But it has a very polarizing look for sure. I thought the same thing at first I actually like the previous generations look we didn’t get compared for the new one. But after seeing them driving around in the wild I changed my mind and actually like how they look.

A2
Last year I flew to our San Antonio, Texas office on a Sunday evening, and when I went to pick up my rental car (it was supposed to be a Chrysler 300 or similar), some cars had not been returned yet so they upgraded me to a Mustang GT. Although this car is fast, it is obnoxiously loud, has almost no room in the back (unless you are newborn or a doll), feels extremely heavy, and if you hit the gas a little to hard the back begins to get skittish. I could also see the gas gauge move as I drove. Anyway it's not a car I would buy. As far as the Bullit, The smoking Tire drove one in their One take, and although he said it was fast, he complained about the clutch and the shifter being very notchy. In fact he complained a lot about that

EdwinDrn

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, 19' Civic Si
Country flag
I'd be willing to bet at least half of us could have gotten one, myself included. CTR is a focused and well engineered platform. But I've done fast, and was ready for something more practical.

The lack of the 5th seat was ultimately the dealbreaker. The Si checked all the boxes except for HIDs. Something I'll rectify through the aftermarket.
Cant Argue that.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
I actually don't have it yet. I'm in Canada and we're a bit behind the U.S. so I expect mine in August. The U.S. owners are just getting theirs in a couple of weeks.
You're so lucky. I would love one. Btw I voted no for the CTR.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fair points that why I own a Miata ND over a mustang...

Don’t get me wrong it is fast and fun to drive but I prefer a small lightweight car. If Ford made something like the ND or FRS/BRZ I would be all over it. However, the closest they come would be a fiesta ST and that’s FWD so it’s not even a comparison...

Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I love the Si coupe. To me the hatchback is FUGLY !! The Si has plenty of power, great MPG, better on insurance and for the money a great car.

Pepper's Dad

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 2000 Honda Civic Ex 2007 Lincoln Towncar
Country flag
I have never been a big fan of four door cars. Plus if I was going to spend that much I would be looking at a mustang V8 or Camaro.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have never been a big fan of four door cars. Plus if I was going to spend that much I would be looking at a mustang V8 or Camaro.
Too functional and practical? Or you are just saying you don’t like how it looks? I was kind of hoping they would have shaved the rear door handles or hid them into the body like the previous generation. I think it was very tasteful and clean looking.

Honda Civic 10th gen For Si Owners Only: Si vs. Type R --- Would You Give Up Your Si, if Type R was Available for MSRP? D90E0873-AF01-4EDA-BD10-AB80EAA7F74D

Honda Civic 10th gen For Si Owners Only: Si vs. Type R --- Would You Give Up Your Si, if Type R was Available for MSRP? 2C5F023A-7497-4160-9AC7-AAA9D0EB7092

Blitted_Master

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe (SOLD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
35k is too much for me. If it was 30k I could probably swing it.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
35k is too much for me. If it was 30k I could probably swing it.
Yeah they need a base version like the STis do with smaller wheels and tires and maybe some different seats and Cheaper lights or something.

Priced 30-31k and then 40k after dealer markup lol..
Sponsored