For CVTs.. Rattling/vibrating sound on Dashboard or somewhere below it

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
For CVT owners

Just wanted to check if you are experiencing rattling/vibrating sound in the dashboard are when you are in "D" and foot is pressing the break?

Like in a stoplight and you are in Red, and you hold the break without placing it in Neutral or "N".

Following some threads that are similar in vibration but in low speed and not sure if the same.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
@civicdota Thanks but this is different issue.. Looks something loose inside the dashboard. When the car is moving, you will not be able to hear it.

I do when stopped but it's my passenger seat. Dash vibration happens sometimes when driving but goes away above 3K rpm.

I'm not happy with these vibrations and rattles after only 19k miles.

I'm trading it in within the next few months anyway. Next owners problem.
Good luck! @Zooropa82! :thumbsup: I bought mine December 2016 and just in 4004 miles. If I can remember it correctly, it was not that noticeable last month .. not sure whats happening.. Might bring it to all might dealership for "EXPERT CHECK"..

raibola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EX 2017
Country flag
I do when stopped but it's my passenger seat. Dash vibration happens sometimes when driving but goes away above 3K rpm.

I'm not happy with these vibrations and rattles after only 19k miles.

I'm trading it in within the next few months anyway. Next owners problem.
We're having the same issue. They are changing my engine mount tomorrow. I brought it to my dealership which is RSM Honda.

raibola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
question for anyone who knows. so last summer my car got hit and run on the driver side fender and door. some dents but that's about it. no issues from the front. some random car reversed and hit my car while it was parked. anyway, I also expressed my concern about the front grille showing the clips. service guy said he can't do anything about it since my bumper was already removed by the auto body shop who fixed my car. they had to repaint the hood and bumper to blend with the driver side door and new fender. he's saying since someone else did a work on those parts he's suggesting to go back to them and have it fixed. does it really void warranty? now im worried any issue concerning the bumper or hood they wont fix just because of the hit and run.

OP
OP

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
We're having the same issue. They are changing my engine mount tomorrow. I brought it to my dealership which is RSM Honda.
Dealership ordered the engine mount part and scheduled to be installed this Thursday. Thanks @raibola! Good luck to your next inquiry.

hon da

First Name
Yony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch
Country flag
Dealership ordered the engine mount part and scheduled to be installed this Thursday. Thanks @raibola! Good luck to your next inquiry.
Renbismarck, or Raibola,

I was having the same issue but i adjusted the seating position differently so the noise is kinda gone ( not the vibration that causes though) I took it back to the dealer and they pretty much had a laugh saying it's a nitpicker.

what and how did you address the issue to the mechanic??

raibola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Which dealership did you ended up going to? Mine was quiet for 3 days until yesterday morning i felt it again and today as well (usually in the morning on the way to work) so they had the car today to check everything since this morning.

raibola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Renbismarck, or Raibola,

I was having the same issue but i adjusted the seating position differently so the noise is kinda gone ( not the vibration that causes though) I took it back to the dealer and they pretty much had a laugh saying it's a nitpicker.

what and how did you address the issue to the mechanic??
I just straight out told my service advisor that it was too much vibration on my front passenger seat. I recorded it thru video everytime i get a chance. When im in a stoplight. Coz usually it's really bad when it's in D but idle.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
it idles too low whenever it's in gear.
if you have your a/c on the vibration goes away. At least in my car it does

OP
OP

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
Which dealership did you ended up going to? Mine was quiet for 3 days until yesterday morning i felt it again and today as well (usually in the morning on the way to work) so they had the car today to check everything since this morning.
Norm Reeves Irvine.

OP
OP

Renbismarck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Country flag
Good luck to this! I will monitor mine once installed.
Sponsored