For all of you people wanting to use the factory location for a subwofer

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
This is a shallow 8in, that is designed for sealed, ported, AND free air compared to most subs nowadays. It’s a bit pricey, but I’m a huge fan of audiofrog and I recommend giving it a shot. It does call for 250 RMS, although I’m sure it’d be just fine at the factory output.

Crutchfield link:Here
Sponsored

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Good luck I tried this with one of the flat pioneer free air subwoofers and it sounded very bad. But I honestly hope it works out better for you!

I wish someone mass produced a fiberglass box for the rear corner of the trunk, I think there is a big market for this vehicle.

OP
OP
kperalta

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Good luck I tried this with one of the flat pioneer free air subwoofers and it sounded very bad. But I honestly hope it works out better for you!

I wish someone mass produced a fiberglass box for the rear corner of the trunk, I think there is a big market for this vehicle.
It’s not for me. I love audiofrog, but I’m having a custom box built for one of their bigger subs here soon. There are just some people who don’t want to lose trunk, and don’t want that much boom looking for a replacement.
I’m only posting this for those specifically seeking it lol.

also, there was someone on here making boxes for the corner of the trunk. It’s worth taking a look at :)

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
Is there much additional work to do, like chasing vibrations down on the rear deck/installing padding? How much power are you using with the Audiofrog?

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Yes absolutely. That is one reason I hated it. There was more rattle than bass.

OP
OP
kperalta

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes absolutely. That is one reason I hated it. There was more rattle than bass.
There’s rattle regardless. I’ve had to shove towels between the rear deck and the glass to stop it, as it got far worse after I put a single 12.

OP
OP
kperalta

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Is there much additional work to do, like chasing vibrations down on the rear deck/installing padding? How much power are you using with the Audiofrog?
I wouldn’t have the slightest clue, as I never stated I’m using this. It is simply a recommendation for people who SPECIFICALLY want to do this. I’ve stated numerous times it’s better to do an aftermarket sub setup.
Sponsored