Footage of 2016 Civic in Modern Steel and Orchid Pearl (driving, exterior, interior, tech)

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Enjoy footage of the 2016 Honda Civic Sedan in Modern Steel Metallic with gray interior and an Orchid Pearl with white interior. Footage includes rolling shots, exterior, interior and look at the car's technology.

Sponsored

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
The Orchid Pearl is beautiful in motion. Looks better than Modern Steel in this video.
Best look at the digital gauge and nav screen thanks. :bow:

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Digital tach is cool but would have been nice to see the entire digital needle instead of just the tip. The way it is now reminds me of the big speedo in the middle of a Mini Cooper where there's just this little tab that moves around the speedo.

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
The Orchid Pearl is beautiful in motion. Looks better than Modern Steel in this video.
Best look at the digital gauge and nav screen thanks. :bow:
I've noticed in photos that the gray color is just ok in regular conditions but when the sun hits it the metallic nature of it makes it pop.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've noticed in photos that the gray color is just ok in regular conditions but when the sun hits it the metallic nature of it makes it pop.
Agree, all the cars i see in modern steel look so so in pictures, but in person that color really does look nice... a good mix of gray and blue tones.

Love the WOP though, that's my first pick... praying they offer it on the coupe.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Having to bring up the HVAC on the screen any time you want to quickly change fan speed or location is going to be a PITA.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Having to bring up the HVAC on the screen any time you want to quickly change fan speed or location is going to be a PITA.
Yep looks like there's only an On/Off quick button. There is a climate button which will bring up the climate controls but that still requires an extra press just to get to that menu. Just a consequence of decluttering the center console and minimizing buttons overall. Much cleaner look but then most things have to be done through the touchscreen.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep looks like there's only an On/Off quick button. There is a climate button which will bring up the climate controls but that still requires an extra press just to get to that menu. Just a consequence of decluttering the center console and minimizing buttons overall. Much cleaner look but then most things have to be done through the touchscreen.
I mean, they could've done worse and hid it in the main menu somewhere, at least with the quick button below the screen its as easy as a quick button push, adjust the settings, done. They did it in the simplest way possible i think and i don't think that extra button push is really going to kill people adding a whole .25 second to your HVAC inputs. Like most new features, once you get used to it in a week or two it becomes second nature.

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
I mean, they could've done worse and hid it in the main menu somewhere, at least with the quick button below the screen its as easy as a quick button push, adjust the settings, done. They did it in the simplest way possible i think and i don't think that extra button push is really going to kill people adding a whole .25 second to your HVAC inputs. Like most new features, once you get used to it in a week or two it becomes second nature.
Plus you can just set a temperature target so once you have your temperature dialed in you shouldn't really need to mess with the fan speed much and the system will adjust fans automatically as needed to maintain the temp. Also, I assume the two rotary knobs below the screen are used to adjust the temperature so you'll indirectly be able to adjust the fan speeds by changing the temperature using the knobs without having to go into the menu system.

What'll take me a little getting used to is not having a physical volume button. Looks like the controls for that will be on the steering wheel and the on-screen touch control.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Plus you can just set a temperature target so once you have your temperature dialed in you shouldn't really need to mess with the fan speed much and the system will adjust fans automatically as needed to maintain the temp. Also, I assume the two rotary knobs below the screen are used to adjust the temperature so you'll indirectly be able to adjust the fan speeds by changing the temperature using the knobs without having to go into the menu system.

What'll take me a little getting used to is not having a physical volume button. Looks like the controls for that will be on the steering wheel and the on-screen touch control.
My car has a physical volume knob and i think i've used it twice in the year and a half i've had the car. I use the steering wheel controls for everything... my hand is already there, why use the volume knob that i have to reach for?

Tuttle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBR600RR
Technically your steering wheel control is a physical button, just more conveniently located. As long as it's not all touchscreen enabled, especially something so often used as climate control I'm good with it. I'd rather have a busier looking steering wheel than a cluttered up center console.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
Dude, please stop with the extreme fanboyism. You're taking all this way to personally. And please don't tell me what it's going to be like for me. I've been driving twice as long as you have. I'm smart enough to know what it will involve. For me, it's going to be annoying. You're going to continue defend anything not positive anybody has to say about the car. Yet ironically you've had a few negative comments yourself.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dude, please stop with the extreme fanboyism. You're taking all this way to personally. And please don't tell me what it's going to be like for me. I've been driving twice as long as you have. I'm smart enough to know what it will involve. For me, it's going to be annoying. You're going to continue defend anything not positive anybody has to say about the car. Yet ironically you've had a few negative comments yourself.
Dude calm down. You're on a civic forum and don't expect to run into a few fanboys? Lol. Also. I'm just giving my personal opinion on the matter so that others reading through won't make mountains out mole hills regarding some of the new tech and features. I didn't even directly quote your response about the HVAC.

P.s. I hope attacking a random person online anonymously over an HVAC button helps you sleep at night.
Sponsored