First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going slightly off topic, the wide angle view of the rear camera is awesome for checking rear cross traffic.
It really is. I love the wide-angle view, it's all I use. That + the large side mirrors = so easy to maneuver.

I've driven similar size cars that are kind of a pain to get out of spaces.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
It really is. I love the wide-angle view, it's all I use. That + the large side mirrors = so easy to maneuver.

I've driven similar size cars that are kind of a pain to get out of spaces.
Totally agree. Just be careful with the wide angle ... objects look like they're a lot further away than they actually are! That said, I'm definitely gonna struggle when I rent or borrow a car without all these gadgets though.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
North America kinda sorta hates you :) lol

Like @Dretlaw said, only non-luxury model I've seen are Optima EX trims and above (guy has an SX-L at work)

I thought it was just odd when I found out you could push the mirrors both in and *out*. Never seen out before. Also, the person who pushed one of my mirrors in to fit their big-ass pickup in a parking space can go blow his engine.
Hahaha. How dare he!?!? I hate parking beside big trucks. I've been taking two parking spaces at work but hey these huge trucks at work started it!

joe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hahaha. How dare he!?!? I hate parking beside big trucks. I've been taking two parking spaces at work but hey these huge trucks at work started it!
Have you guys found the top-down view in the rear camera useful? The ones Nissan has is pretty impressive and i feel it puts the Honda top-down view to shame :(
Does the top-down view show a top view of my rear bumper? Always has confused me

joe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Totally agree. Just be careful with the wide angle ... objects look like they're a lot further away than they actually are! That said, I'm definitely gonna struggle when I rent or borrow a car without all these gadgets though.
Agreed !! Hence i don't use that "Automatic brake hold button" because i feel if i ever rent a car and i am stopped at a light , I might just lift my foot off the brake(since i would be used to doing that with the brake hold in ON position) and BOOM !

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Have you guys found the top-down view in the rear camera useful? The ones Nissan has is pretty impressive and i feel it puts the Honda top-down view to shame :(
Does the top-down view show a top view of my rear bumper? Always has confused me
100% useful, especially when packing up against a concrete wall. I assumed it's a view of your rear bumper, otherwise what's the use. I suppose you could test it easily enough. Put a quarter on your bumper, and then check the view on the screen.

joe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
100% useful, especially when packing up against a concrete wall. I assumed it's a view of your rear bumper, otherwise what's the use. I suppose you could test it easily enough. Put a quarter on your bumper, and then check the view on the screen.
The Nissan one i noticed actually shows a top view of the top of your car and shows the cars on either side of your car making it easy to park between 2 cars in grocery parking lots, etc.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The Nissan one i noticed actually shows a top view of the top of your car and shows the cars on either side of your car making it easy to park between 2 cars in grocery parking lots, etc.
Where was that camera located?

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where was that camera located?
I believe it's similar to what Toyota now has on some of their new cars...surround view. Camera up front at the grille and one each under the side mirrors and of course the rear trunk.

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
I wish the passenger side would automatically adjust down when in reverse (for parallel parking).
I actually disliked this feature when I drove a family member's Kia. I don't parallel park as often as I back out of parking spaces, and I always use mirrors instead of turning my body around to reverse. I was annoyed when I couldn't see how I wanted to maneuver the car out of the mirrors. And, that car would always scare the heck out of me when things moved automatically without my inputs; i.e. steering and seats when I turned the car off. I looked like an idiot jumping scared inside the car as if I had seen a cockroach! :D

RBorden629

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I haven't done it on the 2016 model I just picked up a few nights ago, but they definitely look like they fold in. I'd be shocked if they didn't given they are so long. If they are anything like my 2013 Si was, it pivots around the the joint that connects the mirror itself to the door. For the driver's side, I'd gently grasp the inside of the mirror (on the driver window glass side), put your other hand on the outside of the mirror, and with light pressure, push your right hand upward and your left hand backward (so a counter clockwise position if you're facing the painted part of the mirror.
Yes I have a 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring and the side mirrors do fold in. Already been thru the car wash! Love this car.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I actually disliked this feature when I drove a family member's Kia. I don't parallel park as often as I back out of parking spaces, and I always use mirrors instead of turning my body around to reverse. I was annoyed when I couldn't see how I wanted to maneuver the car out of the mirrors. And, that car would always scare the heck out of me when things moved automatically without my inputs; i.e. steering and seats when I turned the car off. I looked like an idiot jumping scared inside the car as if I had seen a cockroach! :D
I hear you. It is very annoying when you don't want it. In the cars I've driven, you could disable it.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I believe it's similar to what Toyota now has on some of their new cars...surround view. Camera up front at the grille and one each under the side mirrors and of course the rear trunk.
That sounds pretty cool. I might have to go for a test drive!