Folding in side view mirrors?

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Silly question but i noticed you have the touring as well. Did you move the mirrors by hand or by using the buttons inside? The buttons inside just move the mirror part right? they don't move the casing right? I am guessing Casing needs to be moved by hand?
Yeah, you would need to fold them manually by hand. Top Civic trims in Asian markets have a power folding option.
Sponsored

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Would love it if they auto-folded when in Park (or maybe manually by hitting a button).
+1

So far I've only seen this on luxury.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I legitimately cannot believe that people do not know how to fold mirrors. I fold mine all the time whenever I park because you never know when there's going to be that one idiot that pushes against your side mirrors OUT (which might break it). Just push it IN towards the windows.

And there is an DIY that'll auto-fold the mirrors in just as how its meant to be in JDM markets. NO idea why KIA has power folding mirrors in their cars but Honda doesn't. Ford has one, KIA has one; Mazda, Toyota, Honda doesn't seem to have one. Weird.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I folded mine in when going through a car wash once, but the spinning brushes folded them right back out. So I just leave them as is when going through washes now.

I generally don't fold them when parked, unless it is an exceptionally tight spot. Or when I need the extra room to get the snowblower out of the garage. Lol for example, twice this past weekend.

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Civic VTI-LX (Touring equivalent)
Country flag
Mine power fold (in) as I have a top trim Australian model. I guess you could fit them if you wanted to import them but they'd be expensive I'd imagine.The global variations are a little odd in some respects.

joe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I legitimately cannot believe that people do not know how to fold mirrors. I fold mine all the time whenever I park because you never know when there's going to be that one idiot that pushes against your side mirrors OUT (which might break it). Just push it IN towards the windows.

And there is an DIY that'll auto-fold the mirrors in just as how its meant to be in JDM markets. NO idea why KIA has power folding mirrors in their cars but Honda doesn't. Ford has one, KIA has one; Mazda, Toyota, Honda doesn't seem to have one. Weird.
Thanks all !

Funny but yesterday when i got to my car, i noticed my driver's side mirror was folded in towards the car a bit (not all the way). There are no scratches on it but we had like 50mph winds yesterday. Wonder if that might have caused this? or Maybe somebody while walking by hit it with a purse or bag or something?

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks all !

Funny but yesterday when i got to my car, i noticed my driver's side mirror was folded in towards the car a bit (not all the way). There are no scratches on it but we had like 50mph winds yesterday. Wonder if that might have caused this? or Maybe somebody while walking by hit it with a purse or bag or something?
I'm sure the winds aren't strong enough to push it in because for an average person it requires using a hand and pushing it with force. It can only be folded with physical force I think.

joe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm sure the winds aren't strong enough to push it in because for an average person it requires using a hand and pushing it with force. It can only be folded with physical force I think.
Ah i can only think of someone running and their Hip or elbow hitting it or something... I see no marks or scratches.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks all !

I doubt it's the wind. You get at least 60mph wind just driving on the highway on a calm day. Even more on a windy day.

joe2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I doubt it's the wind. You get at least 60mph wind just driving on the highway on a calm day. Even more on a windy day.
Ya Probably someone accidentally probably fell (or avoided falling) by holding onto the mirror's casing or probably brushed their body against it while they ran past my car or something?. It didn't break nor did it have scratches... just was folded in a bit. I unfolded it back to its original position and no issues so far. It gave me a chance to adjust my mirror once again :)

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Ya Probably someone accidentally probably fell (or avoided falling) by holding onto the mirror's casing or probably brushed their body against it while they ran past my car or something?. It didn't break nor did it have scratches... just was folded in a bit. I unfolded it back to its original position and no issues so far. It gave me a chance to adjust my mirror once again :)
Lol ya always good to adjust every now and then. It also guards against the careless people who brush by your car a little to closely. It's great that the mirrors have some give. Now if they could just come up with something to guard against runaway shopping carts ...

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine power fold (in) as I have a top trim Australian model. I guess you could fit them if you wanted to import them but they'd be expensive I'd imagine.The global variations are a little odd in some respects.
North America kinda sorta hates you :) lol

Like @Dretlaw said, only non-luxury model I've seen are Optima EX trims and above (guy has an SX-L at work)

I thought it was just odd when I found out you could push the mirrors both in and *out*. Never seen out before. Also, the person who pushed one of my mirrors in to fit their big-ass pickup in a parking space can go blow his engine.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
North America kinda sorta hates you :) lol

Like @Dretlaw said, only non-luxury model I've seen are Optima EX trims and above (guy has an SX-L at work)

I thought it was just odd when I found out you could push the mirrors both in and *out*. Never seen out before. Also, the person who pushed one of my mirrors in to fit their big-ass pickup in a parking space can go blow his engine.
Lol. Hate trucks. On a related topic (side mirrors), I wish the passenger side would automatically adjust down when in reverse (for parallel parking).

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol. Hate trucks. On a related topic (side mirrors), I wish the passenger side would automatically adjust down when in reverse (for parallel parking).
Would definitely be nice. I've become way too complacent with the rearview camera lol.
Sponsored