prhondagirl

First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic ex
Country flag
I want to install some fog lights on my 17 civic ex and heard some cars are prewired already for it and if I see a brown connector and blue wire it’s ready to go.. i was wondering if anyone has come across this to be true? I did find it in my car n was hoping it really works..

Honda Civic 10th gen Fog lights install...prewired? 976E2CDE-19B7-4FB1-9C3E-6E76BA20A589
Sponsored

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
The vehicles without fogs have the 12V wire from the cabin to engine bay pre-wired.

When you buy the factory fog light kit, it includes a pair of wiring harnesses. One goes under the dash and the other goes behind the bumper area.

It's essentially "plug and play".

EDIT: The connector in your picture appears to be the correct one. It's a single-pin connector with a brown plug with blue wire.

wattdogg87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan, Cosmic Blue Metallic
Country flag
Where is this connector at? If it's already wired for 12v in some way then I'm curious as to WHERE it's wired. Thanks!

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where is this connector at? If it's already wired for 12v in some way then I'm curious as to WHERE it's wired. Thanks!
Behind the washer fluid tank and behind the brake pedal

10thGenCivicW

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic
Country flag
The vehicles without fogs have the 12V wire from the cabin to engine bay pre-wired.

When you buy the factory fog light kit, it includes a pair of wiring harnesses. One goes under the dash and the other goes behind the bumper area.

It's essentially "plug and play".

EDIT: The connector in your picture appears to be the correct one. It's a single-pin connector with a brown plug with blue wire.
Hey quick question, i have a 2018 civic se and it doesnt come with a fog light but comes with the fog light housing just without the litht because of the honda sensing censor so i was just wondering if theres already wires in or do i need to buy the whole kit like light cables and all that? Thanks in advance

dayimziah

First Name
Dayim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX 2017, Toyota Camry SE Hybrid 2017
Country flag
Hey quick question, i have a 2018 civic se and it doesnt come with a fog light but comes with the fog light housing just without the litht because of the honda sensing censor so i was just wondering if theres already wires in or do i need to buy the whole kit like light cables and all that? Thanks in advance
I'm looking for the same answer. If someone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Silver Civix

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX-P
Country flag
I've read somewhere that only the 2016-2017 Civics have the pre installed wiring for the fog lights.
Sponsored