tgastte

First Name
tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
What’s the easiest way to remove the fog lights honeycomb panel without destroying anything..planning to change my horn..2019 ctr.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fog lights honeycomb grill 3E18A381-1327-4700-BC3E-684AE0F04F0A
Sponsored

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Buy a set of trim removal tools off Amazon. They come off fairly easy. There's a body clip that holds them on at the bottom.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
The safest way is to remove the bumper cover completely and work from the back so you can see exactly where the clips are and poke at the clips in the right spot. But it should just pop out by prying in the right spots.

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CW Type R
Country flag
Place painter's tape around the outer edges of the grills. Insert your fingers or trim tool into the outer top hole/vent pressing inwards when you feel the clip. As the top clip releases itself the two others on the outside of the grills should follow. When you remove the grill's outer portion, be cognizant of the tabs so they don't scratch the bumper or anything else. (This is why I recommend painter's tape) Once the outer portion is removed you'll see a push clip on the lower inside you'll need to move with a pry tool or flat head screwdriver. After removing the push clip, the whole grill will easily come out. To re-install simply backtrack to the removal process. Honesty, the hardest part is finding the best angle to press the tabs. Overall, it's a VERY easy process, it took me maybe 15 minutes to swap out both fog lights.
Sponsored