Fog Lights from the Dealer, are they worth it?

Danny17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC EX
Country flag
I have the Civic EX and that trim doesn't come with fogs. I was wondering if taking it to the dealer to get fogs installed would be worth it. Are they useful when it comes visibility? Also for those of you that put yellow/amber bulbs in your fogs, is that helpful or more for aesthetics?

Thanks.
Sponsored

barrytran92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
I have the Civic EX and that trim doesn't come with fogs. I was wondering if taking it to the dealer to get fogs installed would be worth it. Are they useful when it comes visibility? Also for those of you that put yellow/amber bulbs in your fogs, is that helpful or more for aesthetics?

Thanks.
You should order it online : https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.co...ll&ListAll=All&accname=FOGLIGHT+(W/LANEWATCH)
These parts are cheaper. Then go to an auto shop instalation it.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Fogs are nice, if you're willing to pay for them.

I put in yellow bulbs both because they cut through fog a bit better, and to let other driver's know I'm driving a serious racecar because my lightbulbs are yellow :p

OP
OP

Danny17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC EX
Country flag
Fogs are nice, if you're willing to pay for them.

I put in yellow bulbs both because they cut through fog a bit better, and to let other driver's know I'm driving a serious racecar because my lightbulbs are yellow :p
Got a quote from my local dealer here, they want about $700, ya no, definitely don't think its worth it for that much. If it was around $400 I'd bite.

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
This early morning we had really dense fog. Every car made should come with fogs based off the safety it provides. Without them, you really couldn't see 3 feet in front of your car. Depends on where you live and at what time is your commute.

sdfdsfsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Sedan
I have never found fog lights useful on a car. I have stock fog lights on my civic, but have not had fog to try them in. In rain they were just as useless as on previous cars. Unless the cost is what you consider cheap, or it is not very rare for you to see fog, I wouldn't bother.

barrytran92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX
I have never found fog lights useful on a car. I have stock fog lights on my civic, but have not had fog to try them in. In rain they were just as useless as on previous cars. Unless the cost is what you consider cheap, or it is not very rare for you to see fog, I wouldn't bother.
That is true. gen 10 civic is made lower than the other. We only need fog lights for higher vehicles. Therefore, fog lights are useless on civic
Sponsored