Fog light options

Barticus520

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic sport touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone used the diode dynamics ss3 led fog lights? If so which brightness. Looking to replace my fog lights. Driver side completely cracked open.

Any recommendations for a complete light replacement not just bulbs. 17 Civic hatch sport touring.
Sponsored

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
those SS3s are the best ones! I don't have them on my Civic, but I used same CIvic ones on my Odyssey (same part number) and OMG those are bright AF! I used Morimoto LED bulbs, replaced them with Morimoto LED housings, than went back to Amazon branded (Sealight etc) in OEM housing... I was keep looking for the brightest and reliable fog lights and I found them! Bought PRO version and now they came out with MAX version, pricey but I can imagine how bright those are... Totally worth it, I probably spent much more than the cost of MAX version trying to find the best and brightest LOOOOL
If you don't care about price, go with MAX, but if you do, SPORT is bright enough, I went with PRO and will never go with SPORT lol, maybe MAX and I'll go with white instead of yellow next time for more visibility, but JDM YO :D

Honda Civic 10th gen Fog light options IMG_2187.JPG

alao01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-L
Country flag
I also agree with the ss3. I have the sport and they are plenty bright and really wide. Plus seems like its rare too, havent seen one person on the road with them.

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
I’d recommend the Morimoto XB fogs, they look super nice and unique, and are very bright.

OP
OP
Barticus520

Barticus520

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic sport touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. I think I’m going to get the sport.

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
those SS3s are the best ones! I don't have them on my Civic, but I used same CIvic ones on my Odyssey (same part number) and OMG those are bright AF! I used Morimoto LED bulbs, replaced them with Morimoto LED housings, than went back to Amazon branded (Sealight etc) in OEM housing... I was keep looking for the brightest and reliable fog lights and I found them! Bought PRO version and now they came out with MAX version, pricey but I can imagine how bright those are... Totally worth it, I probably spent much more than the cost of MAX version trying to find the best and brightest LOOOOL
If you don't care about price, go with MAX, but if you do, SPORT is bright enough, I went with PRO and will never go with SPORT lol, maybe MAX and I'll go with white instead of yellow next time for more visibility, but JDM YO :D

IMG_2187.JPG
Hey bro do you have a page for the odyssey build? I'd love to follow it, looks dope

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I just purchase the SS3 with the backlight option
Where can I Tap the wire for power? It says I can tap it to the parking lights or DRLs cable
But how would i find the parking lights cable?

bluebottle24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 R
Country flag
I just purchase the SS3 with the backlight option
Where can I Tap the wire for power? It says I can tap it to the parking lights or DRLs cable
But how would i find the parking lights cable?
you side marker is a parking light. Tap into the positive of your side marker.

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
I got the sports and they are more than enough. I had pros on my truck before and I don’t like how the cutoff is too high. Almost feel like they are too bright to use on the streets. Happy w the sports.
8F090421-645D-4F2D-89DF-AFF5AA026217.jpeg
72BDD936-E35D-440C-BE24-08897470E88E.jpeg
55022CDA-FC96-4B50-A2D1-584EABDB4ECA.jpeg
2ACA7E3F-98C4-4D33-869C-D9047924D4FF.jpeg
Just about to order a pair. Any other items needed for install? Harnesses or anything? Both Morimoto and Diode Dynamics told me they don't make any fog lights for the FK8 so I have to assume their is something extra involved in the install. Thanks Bro

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I have SS3 Sport Color: White and they light up the road . Cool part you can swap different lenses from fog, flood, or combo

Little_Smokie

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si Sedan, 2005 s2000
Country flag
I think the ss3 pods looks horrible on civics. They perform well, but just look horrible.

I have the elite series and looks plenty better. This is just fog lights on.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fog light options 976EB643-C95B-40E7-87FE-4B5070C11658
Sponsored