DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
So since covid hit I dont drive much, and never at night. In a rare moment went out in the pm and realized my fogs arent on. The dash indicator says they are tho. Im almost positive they are aftermarket as I bought the car with 6000 miles on it and they were bright yellow when they were on. (I could be wrong)

Anyone chime in for steps to diagnose before I go to a honda shop?
Sponsored

YvesSaintJan

First Name
Jansen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
Check your fuse box, I had some issue probably a burnt fuse. I never changed a fuse in my life the instructions are on the back of the panel cover. Or YouTube.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fog Light Issue FFD4018F-50F7-4B48-B5B1-632BEA098A8B

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Hmm... since you believe they are aftermarket; maybe double-check that the fuse is the correct one for those wires/kit. And if it blows a second time; fix the cause rather than replacing the safety net again.

My reaction is mostly to the crazy installs I have seen. You don't want an electrical fire.

Good luck.

OP
OP
DRTHVDR

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
So I replaced the fuse and it blew immediately. Have to back track online as I confirmed the prev owner did full aftermarket lights. HID upgrades...the whole bang. Back to square 1.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
So I replaced the fuse and it blew immediately. Have to back track online as I confirmed the prev owner did full aftermarket lights. HID upgrades...the whole bang. Back to square 1.
Probably something is grounded in the line.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Yes. There's a short somewhere.

Just guessing. But if it was a DIY job; some wire tap, splice, electrical tape, loom, or other electrical modification has come undone and is now touching ground or something grounded (as mentioned above). Since it's both lights that are not working; you can narrow the troubleshooting to somewhere before the power splits off into two directions (closer to the power source rather than at the bulb itself).
Sponsored