Fog light housing replacment??

OP
OP
Flipdawg13

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2016 Odyssey EX-L/RES, 2008 CBR600RR (still a Honda)
Thanks for posting this Flipdawg13! This is great and very detailed! Appreciate it.
Thank you, my goal was to be able to help others out, although it can be bouncy at some sections of the video and for that I do apologize.
Sponsored

iulianm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW Golf 7 GTI DSG
Country flag
Last edited:

SSGCoxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport, 6MT, Sonic Gray
Country flag
I got my passenger fog light glass broken as well. Got a quote from Honda for 270$ for the part and 200$ labor cost.

Is the part http://www.carparts.com/details/Hon...gclid=CLmA7Kqg8tMCFRCBswodWRcCcA&gclsrc=aw.ds a good quality one? It's listed as 41$

I'm not sure I want to pay 470$ so it can get damaged again in the future. Or maybe should I do it on the insurance?
Woah! The parts from Honda for the housing and glass is only about $52.00 USD. However, to replace it requires bumper removal, so $200.00 labor sounds right.

iulianm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW Golf 7 GTI DSG
Country flag
Maybe I got it wrong and it was 270$ in total......

SSGCoxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
$270 Sounds better.
However, bumper removal isn't that bad.
For $52 and 2 hours you could do it yourself.

iulianm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW Golf 7 GTI DSG
Country flag
Called back Honda, it's indeed 70$ to part and 200$ the labor. Unfortunately I don't have a garage to do it.

OP
OP
Flipdawg13

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2016 Odyssey EX-L/RES, 2008 CBR600RR (still a Honda)
If your comfortable doing yourself it's really not that hard to do and you can save yourself $200. That is the exact same one I used to replace it and it looks just as good as OEM if not better but I replaced them with LED's.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Buy the morimoto LED XB replacement kit and do it yourself. Gets you a better fog light. Even if you can't do it yourself, find a local shop who can do it. The wont charge $200 labor

iulianm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW Golf 7 GTI DSG
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't use the fog lights so much so I don't think it's a priority. It just on my mind knowing that I have that one broken.
I saw the YouTube video posted above on how to remove the front bumper and I'm not sure I have the necessary tools to do it. I might just get the 45$ one and go to a local shop and replace it.

Here is how it looks:

Honda Civic 10th gen Fog light housing replacment?? IMG_5306

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
Same thing happened to me on my Touring. It was the driver side so I was able to remove the black sense cover, then remove the fog light trim once I had better access. I was determined not to remove the bumper, only took me about 45mins total. Seems like this will probably happen again and I might not be as lucky next time.

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You are not the only one. I have both of the front fog lights shattered. The housing is screwed to the back of the black insert. Getting to it without removing the bumper will be a real PITA. I priced new housings from Honda parts. $52.00 USD each.

I'm looking for some DRL halo LEDs with projectors to replace.
Did you install the halos? Been really wanting to install halos for either my headlights or foglights, but haven't come across anyone who has for the tenth gen civic yet.

SSGCoxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you install the halos? Been really wanting to install halos for either my headlights or foglights, but haven't come across anyone who has for the tenth gen civic yet.
Yes. I did! I can't get a picture until the end of this month. The wiring is just bare ends for the halos. You'll have to make your own jumper and find a power tap for them.

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. I did! I can't get a picture until the end of this month. The wiring is just bare ends for the halos. You'll have to make your own jumper and find a power tap for them.
Woh thats awesome! If you ever decide to make a how to video, let me know! And can't wait to see the pics.

Nathanrose30

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic
Country flag
I know this is an old thread but would it make more sense to remove the exterior fog light cover rather than taking off the whole bumper? There’s nothing holding the fog light in the back so why the need to take off the whole bumper when you can just take off the front plate?

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
I know this is an old thread but would it make more sense to remove the exterior fog light cover rather than taking off the whole bumper? There’s nothing holding the fog light in the back so why the need to take off the whole bumper when you can just take off the front plate?
Yes it makes more sense, until I realized that my cover is held on with four screws that you can’t access without removing the bumper (at least on a 16 sedan).

The clips that hold the cover onto the bumper are strong enough to hold the cover on without worrying it will fall off. So when I reinstall the cover I will not be reinstalling the four screws.
Sponsored