Fog light housing replacment??

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2016 Odyssey EX-L/RES, 2008 CBR600RR (still a Honda)
I got a car wash the other day and when I was drying her off I noticed the passenger side fog light was cracked. It looks like a small rock or what have you, hit it hard enough to break it...kinda resembles what happens when a BB hits glass, a small hole and webbing/cracks outwards.

Now, my question is has anyone here replaced the housing not just the bulb itself? The bumper looks like a pain in the ass to remove but I'm sure that is what needs to be done. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

SSGCoxie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport, 6MT, Sonic Gray
Country flag
You are not the only one. I have both of the front fog lights shattered. The housing is screwed to the back of the black insert. Getting to it without removing the bumper will be a real PITA. I priced new housings from Honda parts. $52.00 USD each.

I'm looking for some DRL halo LEDs with projectors to replace.

OP
OP
Flipdawg13

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2016 Odyssey EX-L/RES, 2008 CBR600RR (still a Honda)
You are not the only one. I have both of the front fog lights shattered. The housing is screwed to the back of the black insert. Getting to it without removing the bumper will be a real PITA. I priced new housings from Honda parts. $52.00 USD each.

I'm looking for some DRL halo LEDs with projectors to replace.
It totally sucks but I guess it could be worse.
Yeah, I saw some as well about the same price at this link...http://www.carparts.com/details/Hon...gclid=CLmA7Kqg8tMCFRCBswodWRcCcA&gclsrc=aw.ds

I was just going to install some LED's when I remove the bumper to replace it. Good luck, I might make a video since there really isn't much out there yet for removing the bumper off for the 2017 Hatch.

gatortone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
It totally sucks but I guess it could be worse.
Yeah, I saw some as well about the same price at this link...http://www.carparts.com/details/Hon...gclid=CLmA7Kqg8tMCFRCBswodWRcCcA&gclsrc=aw.ds

I was just going to install some LED's when I remove the bumper to replace it. Good luck, I might make a video since there really isn't much out there yet for removing the bumper off for the 2017 Hatch.
Please post back with a video if you make one. My driver side fog light shattered too and if it's a complete PITA, I'll bite the bullet and take it to the dealership. Thanks!

OP
OP
Flipdawg13

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please post back with a video if you make one. My driver side fog light shattered too and if it's a complete PITA, I'll bite the bullet and take it to the dealership. Thanks!
I absolutely will, just not sure when I will do it since I still need to order the housing.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Flipdawg13

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I replaced my fogs with the morimoto led kit, and yes the bumper has to come off. The shop said its easy to get off, I just didnt want to do it myself

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
Its really dumb that the OE lights are glass...one of mine was shattered and missing chunks before I hit 10k miles.

I replaced mine with the Morimoto lights as well... very bright and awesome looking cut off. Plus they are polycarbonate so they shouldnt break as easily.

OP
OP
Flipdawg13

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its really dumb that the OE lights are glass...one of mine was shattered and missing chunks before I hit 10k miles.

I replaced mine with the Morimoto lights as well... very bright and awesome looking cut off. Plus they are polycarbonate so they shouldnt break as easily.
Nice, I was thinking of upgrading it as well but I just wanted to keep it OEM but have LED bulbs.

OP
OP
Flipdawg13

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I replaced my fogs with the morimoto led kit, and yes the bumper has to come off. The shop said its easy to get off, I just didnt want to do it myself
It really is easy after doing it once. What did the shop charge you for install if you don't mind me asking?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It really is easy after doing it once. What did the shop charge you for install if you don't mind me asking?
Not sure the exact amount bc they were already taking the bumper off to mount my ballasts and run a relay for my HIDs. I want to say they charged $100 install for all. In the end I gave them around $650 to paint and install my Seibon Carbon wing, buy the morimoto Leds and install those and the relay on the HIDs.

gatortone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
I finally got my part in so I made a video. It was a bit bouncy at parts but you get the idea, hope this helps! It's actually a lot easier than I thought.

Thanks for posting this Flipdawg13! This is great and very detailed! Appreciate it.
Sponsored