First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone. This weekend i replaced my civic's front right fog light housing. Back when i installed LED's in them, I must have damaged the plastic flanges which hold the lights in place, as the light can actually be spun completely around inside its fitting. Ever since then i have noticed condensation inside the housing.

I ordered the part from hondapartsnow.com, part no. 33900-TBA-A01 LIGHT ASSY,R FR F, which is listed at $43.29.

Effectively there are 3 screws which hold the fog light housing to the bumper. To access them, you have to remove the bumper, and then remove the black plastic garnish that covers the fog light on the outside. The garnish is held in place by 9 clips which are a bit tricky to work with, and one two-piece clip, the same kind that hold the bumper up underneath the car.

Getting the plastic garnish off the bumper, is the second hardest part to this job, next to removing the bumper itself. It helps to use a trim-tool to push the clips out from the backside while gently pulling the garnish with your fingers from the front. Also a good tip is to install the fog lights into the housing before reinstalling the bumper. Once the bumper is back on the car, you just dont have a lot of room to reach in there, and so reinserting the fog light wiring clip is easier and safer than trying to install the fog light into the housing with such little space.

Whole thing took me about 2 hours, working in my driveway.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fog light housing removal and installation YXKBD9q - Imgur

Honda Civic 10th gen Fog light housing removal and installation rh9eoch - Imgur

Honda Civic 10th gen Fog light housing removal and installation YPA3pku - Imgur

Honda Civic 10th gen Fog light housing removal and installation Wim4Tsm - Imgur

Honda Civic 10th gen Fog light housing removal and installation cNWx9XE - Imgur