Fog Aiming

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Country flag
Replaced my set with a set of stock LED fog lamps today. Looks like they are aimed too low. Just looking for stock fog light level photos. I have a sedan on stock wheel and stock suspension. This is only 10’ away from my door. If I pull back 20 I can barely see them. The yellow is from laminX

4C26920B-D1D1-4A48-BB00-6F3CEC64C7E0.jpeg

F0905E63-16B8-4883-AE15-0738730F0D64.jpeg

3AE244A1-D91F-4B35-B5D8-CBCDB8C03B4E.jpeg

Advertisement

Last edited:
OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
So anyone have photos that has the factory LEDs? Someone has to have something or be able to post something. I want to see where yours shine on the road in relation to mine.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I Maxed it out pointing down and did 9 full turns up and it was even for me, blends in with my LED headlights

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Fogs are supposed to illuminate the road immediately in front of the vehicle. If you see them blend with your headlights, they are aiming UP which 1) blinds oncoming traffic and 2) negates the reason for having fog lights.

Here's a snippet of the service manual. Attached is the full service manual procedure.
1606142534798.png

Attachments

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I don't completely agree with the recommendation to aim driving lights below your main beams. This would result in high illumination directly in front (shorter distance away) and reduce distance visibility due to corneal constriction. same reason we should dim our instrument panel lighting.

Vnamvet

First Name
Craig
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Fogs are supposed to illuminate the road immediately in front of the vehicle. If you see them blend with your headlights, they are aiming UP which 1) blinds oncoming traffic and 2) negates the reason for having fog lights.

Here's a snippet of the service manual. Attached is the full service manual procedure.
1606142534798.png
Thanks for this.

Do you have a PDF for headlights on a 2020 Civic?
Looking for the adjustment screw!

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
I don't completely agree with the recommendation to aim driving lights below your main beams. This would result in high illumination directly in front (shorter distance away) and reduce distance visibility due to corneal constriction. same reason we should dim our instrument panel lighting.
That is not my recommendation, that is the recommendation of SAE. That’s what fogs are for, shorter distance, below the main beams. That is their sole purpose.

OP
Brisco

Brisco

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Thanks for this.

Do you have a PDF for headlights on a 2020 Civic?
Looking for the adjustment screw!
It’s a screw on the back of the headlight. There are 2 but one you never touch. Says right on it and that one is hard to get to.

Advertisement

Advertisement